Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Birdnest

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
H

Hoss

Field work is one of the things I really like about consulting. I get lots of variety- like they say, the scenery always changes. Of course, some of the time you really don't like the scenery.

Tomorrow I'll be taking some field measurements in the "live hanging room" of a chicken processing facility. I might have to expense out the boots I'll be wearing.
I owned a company that worked with control systems for production lines. I got a call from Tyson up in Cumming late one night and had to go up there and figure out why there line had shut down and wouldn't restart. That was nasty as hell but I got it running again.

H

Hoss

Thank goodness you did, I live for tyson breaded chicken pattys
They have this big door that opens and a truck backs up to it. The truck is full of small cages of chickens. They skid the cages down a cute where a Spanish speaking person opens it and begins crapping chickens. In front of them is a moving productiom line of metal hooks constantly going by on a chain. They grab the birds by the feet and hang them on hooks by sliding the legs into the slots but their feet are too large to fall through. The line keeps moving and the chickens hang there upside down squawking and carrying on as the line moves. The line moves very fast and the truck is emptied in very short order. The first station the chickens hit is a dunk tank filled with charged water. The line keeps moving as their head dips in and it shocks them. When they emerge they are stunned and quiet but still alive. As the line continues moving the chickens head goes between two y shaped metal rods. They funnel to a small parallel line where the nick is now pulled taught and a spinning razor cuts the throat and the head drops onto a collection belt moving underneath. The line never stops so the chickens emerge from there bleeding out. Their hearts pump the rest if the blood out and all of the blood is collected in a vat under the line. After that they pass through a sprayer then a series of spinning rubber fingers that strips the feathers. As the line continues on they are eventually disemvowled , and the feet cut off to let the body fall. The body is then weighed and sent on to different areas of the plant for different products based on weight and appearance. The feet beaks and other waste are sent to waiting bins on trucks and shipped off to dog food plants or China.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sam

Evil 1

Frontiersman
May 11, 2015
Everywhere
I usually ask at my local shopping stores.If they have any half dollars or hole.Have lucked up sevaral times and scored some pure silver.

H

Hoss

The annual Perseid meteor shower, which is the largest shower of the year, will light up the sky this week. The meteors will be visible from August 11-14, particularly in the early morning hours of August 13. At its peak you could see 50+ meteors an hour. This year’s should be very active because its peak occurs during a new moon, creating the darkest sky possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sewerman68 and sam

Abishai

Tracker
Kalash Klub
Mar 30, 2015
GA
Zip code
I usually ask at my local shopping stores.If they have any half dollars or hole.Have lucked up sevaral times and scored some pure silver.
Where is a good place to look up the current value for items like this?

Dixietoolz

Woodsman
Jul 27, 2015
Warner Robins
I walked into a pawn shop awhile back when silver was low and they had a display case full of silver. When I asked about it they wouldn't sell until the price went up. Buncha crooks.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Rathbun Steak

/thread

Reactions: Hoss

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Thanks for the heads-up.

Love the meteor showers.