• eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Dinky Dau

Over Sexed Sr. Citizen
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2015
Zip code
Darwinism is growing by leaps and bounds!

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Enjoy.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/09/thats-not-funny/399335/

'Two of the most respected American comedians, Chris Rock and Jerry Seinfeld, have discussed the unique problems that comics face on college campuses. In November, Rock told Frank Rich in an interview for New York magazine that he no longer plays colleges, because they’re “too conservative.” He didn’t necessarily mean that the students were Republican; he meant that they were far too eager “not to offend anybody.” In college gigs, he said, “you can’t even be offensive on your way to being inoffensive.” Then, in June, Seinfeld reopened the debate—and set off a frenzied round of op-eds—when he said in a radio interview that comics warn him not to “go near colleges—they’re so PC.”

When I attended the convention in Minneapolis in February, I saw ample evidence of the repressive atmosphere that Rock and Seinfeld described, as well as another, not unrelated factor: the infantilization of the American undergraduate, and this character’s evolving status in the world of higher learning—less a student than a consumer, someone whose whims and affectations (political, sexual, pseudo-intellectual) must be constantly supported and championed.

"As I listened to the kids hash out whom to invite, it became clear that to get work, a comic had to be at once funny—genuinely funny—and also deeply respectful of a particular set of beliefs. These beliefs included, but were in no way limited to, the following: women, as a group, should never be made to feel uncomfortable; people whose sexual orientation falls beyond the spectrum of heterosexuality must be reassured of their special value; racial injustice is best addressed in tones of bitter anguish or inspirational calls to action; Muslims are friendly helpers whom we should cherish; and belonging to any potentially “marginalized” community involves a crippling hypersensitivity that must always be respected."

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
They have this big door that opens and a truck backs up to it. The truck is full of small cages of chickens. They skid the cages down a cute where a Spanish speaking person opens it and begins crapping chickens. In front of them is a moving productiom line of metal hooks constantly going by on a chain. They grab the birds by the feet and hang them on hooks by sliding the legs into the slots but their feet are too large to fall through. The line keeps moving and the chickens hang there upside down squawking and carrying on as the line moves. The line moves very fast and the truck is emptied in very short order. The first station the chickens hit is a dunk tank filled with charged water. The line keeps moving as their head dips in and it shocks them. When they emerge they are stunned and quiet but still alive. As the line continues moving the chickens head goes between two y shaped metal rods. They funnel to a small parallel line where the nick is now pulled taught and a spinning razor cuts the throat and the head drops onto a collection belt moving underneath. The line never stops so the chickens emerge from there bleeding out. Their hearts pump the rest if the blood out and all of the blood is collected in a vat under the line. After that they pass through a sprayer then a series of spinning rubber fingers that strips the feathers. As the line continues on they are eventually disemvowled , and the feet cut off to let the body fall. The body is then weighed and sent on to different areas of the plant for different products based on weight and appearance. The feet beaks and other waste are sent to waiting bins on trucks and shipped off to dog food plants or China.

so u will be having chicken for dinner this evening?

Reactions: Hoss

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Feminism, as well as other movements that focus on "micro-transgressions", have become hubs for infantilism. Where no one should be upset and where differing views should be removed.

The conservatives are not free from this outrage culture as well. Both sides of the aisle now treat differing ideas as part of a culture war, and seek to punish or remove them.

Reactions: freedom

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Wow. Wonder where they learn to be that way?
I don't believe it's learned behavior as much as herd dynamics. I don't think you can really single out a person or group to whom you can point a finger, and placing blame isn't the point of the article anyway.
Also, as pointed out, the intentions are pure and come from a place of kindness. The resulting effect is truncating the very thing that gave rise to more cultural equality in the first place..unbridled, free speech.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Also, as pointed out, the intentions are pure and come from a place of kindness.

No, it's a power play. They get to control the language and pick and choose who to shout down. Some groups can say words, other can't. Some groups can criticize other groups, while the privilege police restrict others

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
1b40180b708f0f3cdb6adddf8dbf4ea7.jpg

Reactions: sam