Rabbit2047

NOT Joe Exotic, Ted Nugent, or Joe Dirt
Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA
Some good news
Great news
And bad news lol

good news, the Pinhole in the triangle folder is getting Tig welded on Friday by my buddy who is a body shop guy with 35 years Tig welding. Showed him everything and he feels super confident it’s not an issue and he’ll have me fixed up quicker than it takes to get the machine going. The finish will be distorted but I might BFPU my triangle and say fuck it. If I ever want a pretty finish I’ll send to @FatAlbert and have him refinish way down the road. So triangle folder pin hole handled for free. YAY

Great news - I got the PK-A red dot today!!! I’m so stoked. Gonna play with it on the triangle folder after dinner here in a bit. Might need a @Jeddak translation or two it’s dirty sick nasty awesome
View attachment 80270 View attachment 80271 View attachment 80272

And the bad news. The 1965 matching WASR 10/63 I picked up yesterday failed the bullet test miserably. Like swallowed a whole AK round up to the casing neck and was still a bit loose. Figured maybe I was just a bad crown job or wouldn’t effect shooting in real life, but had never seen that before. Barrel wasn’t looking great, even being a CHF/CL circle Y barrel.
Go to range today to prove myself wrong. Shoot at 25y only about 8” groups with every couple of rounds keyholing in sideways.
took it to a buddies house afterwards who had tools and stuff I needed to get from
Him anyways and we took a pulled AK round and dropped it down the muzzle end just to see how bad that bore was. Bullet fell freely 10” into the barrel before it gently stopped. Probably could have used a rod and pushed it all the way through. Tried several pulled bullets
This barrel is TOAST.

So now I’ve got to either buy a new barrel and ship to two rivers to have them rebarrel the rifle, it’s already sporting an oversized barrel
Pin so not sure what they’ll say about that potential, or demil it, buy new front trunnion , sell as parts kit or use as parts kit, but damn just damn. I’ve never seen a barrel THAT shot out on an AK ever

with wiggle room
View attachment 80276
View attachment 80277 View attachment 80279

Sell it on Armslist

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Some good news
Great news
And bad news lol

good news, the Pinhole in the triangle folder is getting Tig welded on Friday by my buddy who is a body shop guy with 35 years Tig welding. Showed him everything and he feels super confident it’s not an issue and he’ll have me fixed up quicker than it takes to get the machine going. The finish will be distorted but I might BFPU my triangle and say fuck it. If I ever want a pretty finish I’ll send to @FatAlbert and have him refinish way down the road. So triangle folder pin hole handled for free. YAY

Great news - I got the PK-A red dot today!!! I’m so stoked. Gonna play with it on the triangle folder after dinner here in a bit. Might need a @Jeddak translation or two it’s dirty sick nasty awesome

And the bad news. The 1965 matching WASR 10/63 I picked up yesterday failed the bullet test miserably. Like swallowed a whole AK round up to the casing neck and was still a bit loose. Figured maybe I was just a bad crown job or wouldn’t effect shooting in real life, but had never seen that before. Barrel wasn’t looking great, even being a CHF/CL circle Y barrel.
Go to range today to prove myself wrong. Shoot at 25y only about 8” groups with every couple of rounds keyholing in sideways.
took it to a buddies house afterwards who had tools and stuff I needed to get from
Him anyways and we took a pulled AK round and dropped it down the muzzle end just to see how bad that bore was. Bullet fell freely 10” into the barrel before it gently stopped. Probably could have used a rod and pushed it all the way through. Tried several pulled bullets
This barrel is TOAST.

So now I’ve got to either buy a new barrel and ship to two rivers to have them rebarrel the rifle, it’s already sporting an oversized barrel
Pin so not sure what they’ll say about that potential, or demil it, buy new front trunnion , sell as parts kit or use as parts kit, but damn just damn. I’ve never seen a barrel THAT shot out on an AK ever

with wiggle room
View attachment 80276
DAMN....that barrel lived a damn hard life

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
I think that I'm going to list my PSL on the ODT for trade, and give that jackoff a run for his money... except I'm actually serious about trading my PSL for a very nice AK74, or a few other things that I'd like to have... I wonder how many PM's I'll get...

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
Some good news
Great news
And bad news lol

This barrel is TOAST.

with wiggle room
View attachment 80276
Bring the instructions to the meet.

Slacker1972

Tracker
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 6, 2015
Franklin, Ga
Zip code
My 5 year old grandson Jack and I went to tractor supply today and got 6 chicks. I got rid of all of my chickens last year when I had back surgery.
f1249bbfc7d4ca4ced778430dab041d8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk