KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
DAMN....that barrel lived a damn hard life
Bro who the hell other than the Russians shoot out a CHF/CL Izzy barrel? Insane. Had to have taken 100,000 round at least to fry it to the point of keyholing at 15-25. I’m actually really impressed I’ve never seen such

thank GOD I’m working again, because ima need a Childers receiver, a new trunnion, and a New barrel and a build.

trunnion - 90.00
Barrel - 130
Receiver - 130
DeMil & Build 650.00

Gonna be the most expensive WASR you’ve ever seen lol. At least she’ll have real dimples this time

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
What online sources do you guys get your AK parts from? Looking for a wooden handguard set and not really having any luck with anything that’s not fancy as hell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually @jimipanic has sets of nice AK wood that he has refinished and looks very nice.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Bro who the hell other than the Russians shoot out a CHF/CL Izzy barrel? Insane. Had to have taken 100,000 round at least to fry it to the point of keyholing at 15-25. I’m actually really impressed I’ve never seen such

thank GOD I’m working again, because ima need a Childers receiver, a new trunnion, and a New barrel and a build.

trunnion - 90.00
Barrel - 130
Receiver - 130
DeMil & Build 650.00

Gonna be the most expensive WASR you’ve ever seen lol. At least she’ll have real dimples this time
Save that barrel and mount it on a plaque, it deserves it.

CQB27

Kalash Klub Jumpmaster
Oct 14, 2019
Rome
What online sources do you guys get your AK parts from? Looking for a wooden handguard set and not really having any luck with anything that’s not fancy as hell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not long ago AKM wood was plentiful and cheap...those days are gone. I got my last set from @jimipanic
You would probably find a set on the AKfiles or arfcom faster than finding one at a parts retailer.

BangBang

Apprentice to master AR builder Greg Vess
Aug 26, 2018
Danielsville
Zip code

T_Max

Master of the Meat
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 30, 2015
NW GA

trunnion - 90.00
Barrel - 130
Receiver - 130
DeMil & Build 650.00

Cool piece of history , wish that thing could talk

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Some good news
Great news
And bad news lol

good news, the Pinhole in the triangle folder is getting Tig welded on Friday by my buddy who is a body shop guy with 35 years Tig welding. Showed him everything and he feels super confident it’s not an issue and he’ll have me fixed up quicker than it takes to get the machine going. The finish will be distorted but I might BFPU my triangle and say fuck it. If I ever want a pretty finish I’ll send to @FatAlbert and have him refinish way down the road. So triangle folder pin hole handled for free. YAY

Great news - I got the PK-A red dot today!!! I’m so stoked. Gonna play with it on the triangle folder after dinner here in a bit. Might need a @Jeddak translation or two it’s dirty sick nasty awesome
View attachment 80270 View attachment 80271 View attachment 80272

And the bad news. The 1965 matching WASR 10/63 I picked up yesterday failed the bullet test miserably. Like swallowed a whole AK round up to the casing neck and was still a bit loose. Figured maybe I was just a bad crown job or wouldn’t effect shooting in real life, but had never seen that before. Barrel wasn’t looking great, even being a CHF/CL circle Y barrel.
Go to range today to prove myself wrong. Shoot at 25y only about 8” groups with every couple of rounds keyholing in sideways.
took it to a buddies house afterwards who had tools and stuff I needed to get from
Him anyways and we took a pulled AK round and dropped it down the muzzle end just to see how bad that bore was. Bullet fell freely 10” into the barrel before it gently stopped. Probably could have used a rod and pushed it all the way through. Tried several pulled bullets
This barrel is TOAST.

So now I’ve got to either buy a new barrel and ship to two rivers to have them rebarrel the rifle, it’s already sporting an oversized barrel
Pin so not sure what they’ll say about that potential, or demil it, buy new front trunnion , sell as parts kit or use as parts kit, but damn just damn. I’ve never seen a barrel THAT shot out on an AK ever

with wiggle room
View attachment 80276
View attachment 80277 View attachment 80279

Where did you get the WASR? Can you take it back?