• Total voters

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
80% Receivers are Cheap but the Barrel hole that you have to drill is a PITA even with a jig.
A little off by a few thousandths can be detrimental to the function of the rifle.
Get a Receiver off gunbroker would be my suggestion and if you find an ad for 2 I will take one myself and split the cost for the receiver.
But will help you if needed to build the 80% on up.
Also I screwed up 2 80% receivers to get this one right.
My 80% build:
View attachment 79487
View attachment 79488
I bought a factory new stripped 10/22 receiver off of gunbroker and built my SBR as a pistol/charger style first then form 1 and SBR. It wasn’t that bad or a price for the receiver

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
Hey - who can tell me about Ruger 10/22 receivers?
I'm wanting to build one (maybe 80%) to put on my nice target rifle, but don't have a money-printing machine, so I gotta keep it reasonable.
So nothing titanium, nothing too sexy with built-in pic rails, unless it's like $100-$150
Or am I way out of line on my budget?
Already got a trigger pack, stock, optic, barrel, 20MOA extended pic rail, getting a bolt from @chance .

Need a recoil spring/charging handle, pins, buffer, barrel block, screws, and...something else...OH, YEAH, the receiver...

@Rabbit2047 ? @Balthaz ? @ReservoirDawg10 ? @Red Dawn ? @Rwjeter ?
This could be a good option https://www.brownells.com/rifle-par...ped-receiver-for-ruger-10-22--prod116208.aspx

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
I bought a factory new stripped 10/22 receiver off of gunbroker and built my SBR as a pistol/charger style first then form 1 and SBR. It wasn’t that bad or a price for the receiver

That would be my next build off one like this:

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
I thought you quit Dairy?
Can't have Cottage Cheese and Yogurt, no matter how low-fat they are if you're giving up dairy.

And - Sausage from turkey or chicken CAN be pretty good (sage is your friend), and taste a lot like the real thing. Wife-ish gave up four-legged meats about 7-8 years back, eats chicken and fish. She calls it "pescedigitarianism", but I think that's just a made-up term.

But I love steak and BBQ, so I eat whatever walks or swims or flies past my mouth.
It’s the low-fat cottage cheese so I’m giving it a try but you may be right. Dude dairy is so hard to give up I really did like milk. Does that lactose free milk still jack u up too?

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
And trust me guys I’m not doing this to be cool or have a sexy body lol I’m literally eating a hole in my Larynx and spilling stomach acid into my upper respiratory system so I gotta stop some stuff or My throat will bleed myself into anemia.

But also sexy body

Ab flex face

CQB27

Kalash Klub Jumpmaster
Oct 14, 2019
Rome
Hell yeah after today I’ll have your top two!
Don’t get too excited. You won’t find many people, if any, who would rate a (real AKs, not clones) Chinese AK over a Russian or Polish....or a Yugo over a Russian, Polish, Bulgarian, Hungarian or Chinese AK.....just saying

Nothing wrong with Chinese and Yugo AKs though. To each his own.
AK ranking among the foreign guns is a very subjective game at best. They all mostly work to an equal standard most of the time.

Last edited:

Rabbit2047

NOT Joe Exotic, Ted Nugent, or Joe Dirt
Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA
Hey - who can tell me about Ruger 10/22 receivers?
I'm wanting to build one (maybe 80%) to put on my nice target rifle, but don't have a money-printing machine, so I gotta keep it reasonable.
So nothing titanium, nothing too sexy with built-in pic rails, unless it's like $100-$150
Or am I way out of line on my budget?
Already got a trigger pack, stock, optic, barrel, 20MOA extended pic rail, getting a bolt from @chance .

Need a recoil spring/charging handle, pins, buffer, barrel block, screws, and...something else...OH, YEAH, the receiver...

@Rabbit2047 ? @Balthaz ? @ReservoirDawg10 ? @Red Dawn ? @Rwjeter ?
Funny you swould mention that.

I just bought a broken 1022 on an online auction. I will only need it for a couple months for development of the binary trigger.

Rabbit2047

NOT Joe Exotic, Ted Nugent, or Joe Dirt
Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA
Don’t get too excited. You won’t find many people, if any, who would rate a (real AKs, not clones) Chinese AK over a Russian or Polish....or a Yugo over a Russian, Polish, Bulgarian, Hungarian or Chinese AK.....just saying

Nothing wrong with Chinese and Yugo AKs though. To each his own.

It's probably do to my experiences with them.

The ones I dealt with Chinese were all pretty much new, the Russians and such were shot to shit. I never saw a Russian one that didn't need something done to it, usually a new barrel.

The yugos/Serbian /Iraqi were all rock solid.

Unfortunately I never got to handle models of each country in fantastic condition.

Although I think it's universally accepted that US made AKs are comparatively speaking, garbage.

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
And trust me guys I’m not doing this to be cool or have a sexy body lol I’m literally eating a hole in my Larynx and spilling stomach acid into my upper respiratory system so I gotta stop some stuff or My throat will bleed myself into anemia.

But also sexy body

Ab flex face

Omeprazole did wonders for me.
One pill a day.