• eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Same, this thread has been very entertaining and engaging for me honestly.
Agreed, I've learned a good bit about AKs, Mags, etc, but I'm not a daily participant & can barely remember what I had for breakfast yesterday. I'm a proponent of breaking out that kind of knowledge going forward as I'm not as learned as most here about the platform & it would be great to come back to a specific thread to read up.

Example: If I want to go buy my next AK, which should I buy? ... Yeah, I could start a thread asking, but I'm lazy & would prefer to find a thread on the "Best AKs for the $$ in 2021" ;)

I think @dougiemac hit the nail on the head with his suggestions; seems to me it's a win-win for just about everyone, just my $0.02

Red Squirrel 556

Street Justice Department
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 24, 2020
Fayette
It is awesome, and I've gotten a lot of enjoyment and laughs out of it. And that's why it was totally worth 15 bucks.

The noncensorship of this thread and site is great...

But speaking from a shitfuck 4 month noob nobody outsider cop perspective, if you want SET to be popular, don't approach it with the same clique-ness as this thread/KK/whatever it is. Not everybody was there 5 years ago, you can't hold that against them.

Or I guess you can. This is your thing...

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
It is awesome, and I've gotten a lot of enjoyment and laughs out of it. And that's why it was totally worth 15 bucks.

The noncensorship of this thread and site is great...

But speaking from a shitfuck 4 month noob nobody outsider cop perspective, if you want SET to be popular, don't approach it with the same clique-ness as this thread/KK/whatever it is. Not everybody was there 5 years ago, you can't hold that against them.

Or I guess you can. This is your thing...
Meh, not the case at all. A good portion of the KKlub are "new guys" when compared to SET OGs. SET has always been pretty laid back, it may seem "cliqueish" I suppose, but that wasn't the intent

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Related to inviting others, is there any SET merch available? I could see wearing or hanging a sticker/patch/etc. could generate interest from passers-by.
The "store-under-construction" page says refer to the forums, but I haven't see anything in my (short) time here. At least not recent.

working on it. I’m having some graphic issues that I need to deal with to make it happen.

preppingjedi

Sniper
Kalash Klub
Sep 6, 2016
IL
Zip code
Agreed, I've learned a good bit about AKs, Mags, etc, but I'm not a daily participant & can barely remember what I had for breakfast yesterday. I'm a proponent of breaking out that kind of knowledge going forward as I'm not as learned as most here about the platform & it would be great to come back to a specific thread to read up.

Example: If I want to go buy my next AK, which should I buy? ... Yeah, I could start a thread asking, but I'm lazy & would prefer to find a thread on the "Best AKs for the $$ in 2021" ;)

I think @dougiemac hit the nail on the head with his suggestions; seems to me it's a win-win for just about everyone, just my $0.02

While you're not wrong, I stand by a BS thread in general being nice. I've learned quite a bit about AK's here as well, but there's LOTS more to learn.

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
While you're not wrong, I stand by a BS thread in general being nice. I've learned quite a bit about AK's here as well, but there's LOTS more to learn.
Hell yeah, a general BS thread is good stuff. Before the KKlub thread, there were several other threads supporting that same initiative, they're just seeing a bit less traffic these days ;)

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
Nuke it dont nuke it Meh we will find a way to talk regardless of a Little nuke going off.
I agree some threads with good knowledge do need to be created and one where we can hang out is nice.
Sometimes catching up on 12 pages of post is a PITA but it is entertaining as hell doing it.

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Nuke it dont nuke it Meh we will find a way to talk regardless of a Little nuke going off.
I agree some threads with good knowledge do need to be created and one where we can hang out is nice.
Sometimes catching up on 12 pages of post is a PITA but it is entertaining as hell doing it.
Pretty much exactly what @dougiemac laid out, all of the above will be achieved, so I'm a bit confused where the issue lies with some :noidea:

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Biker13 was always goin on and on and on and on about how he was one of the ODTOGs and new people sucked and they were what was wrong with that site...

lol..
I've met up with Don multiple times in years past, he's a different dude in person, but not seeing the correlation with SET. In my opinion, SET is a different dynamic & really can't be compared to other sites. I know I'm probably sounding like a typical "mod", but just my honest opinion. What I've seen: @dougiemac empowers the members to help guide the site progression, at times, we (admin & Mods) have to (rarely) get involved when someone wants to stir some shit & we pull them out for a bit, but overall, SET has been a site built & guided by members from day one. Real talk