• eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
Well, I'd love to but I'm also looking at a used GT350...I can't buy the car until we close on the new house.
Have they dropped in price any? Probably not as much as other models since it’s rare/specialty but that’s what I do, I buy when the ratio of used vs new cost is a substantial difference and depreciation has leveled. Then again I’ve never owned a domestic sports car but played around with them enough to make a good decision (I think) if I chose to buy one.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Have they dropped in price any? Probably not as much as other models since it’s rare/specialty but that’s what I do, I buy when the ratio of used vs new cost is a substantial difference and depreciation has leveled. Then again I’ve never owned a domestic sports car but played around with them enough to make a good decision (I think) if I chose to buy one.

They seem to hold their value well, just going off used prices. New ones are $65K. Used, $48-$60K. Honestly, I still think it's best to get a new one, but $65K is a bit out of reach.

I am debating trying to get a new Mach 1 next year. What I'm worried about is since Ford decided to make the appearance package available on ONLY one color, I'm afraid the dealers will pull that Dealer Mark Up card for $10K or something. Which would put me back at new GT350 territory. And this is the last year for the GT350. The GT500 is sick as hell, way out of my price range, and automatic only.

Or I can get a fully loaded out GT (mine isn't loaded with the options I really wanted) but after looking at the Shelby's and Mach 1, it's hard to go back to the "plain" GT lol...

I could wait another year or so and still get a used Shelby. The one I'm looking at is a '17. But damn that new car fever is hard to kick...

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code

I love the imports too, I was gearing up for a M4. But all the problems I had with my last BMW broke me off, HARD. My wife had a 335i I wish we had kept though, that car was sweet and reliable with no issues.

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
They seem to hold their value well, just going off used prices. New ones are $65K. Used, $48-$60K. Honestly, I still think it's best to get a new one, but $65K is a bit out of reach.

I am debating trying to get a new Mach 1 next year. What I'm worried about is since Ford decided to make the appearance package available on ONLY one color, I'm afraid the dealers will pull that Dealer Mark Up card for $10K or something. Which would put me back at new GT350 territory. And this is the last year for the GT350. The GT500 is sick as hell, way out of my price range, and automatic only.

Or I can get a fully loaded out GT (mine isn't loaded with the options I really wanted) but after looking at the Shelby's and Mach 1, it's hard to go back to the "plain" GT lol...

I could wait another year or so and still get a used Shelby. The one I'm looking at is a '17. But damn that new car fever is hard to kick...
I‘d take a specialty but base model vs mid level and fully loaded at the same price if new. Always proven to hold value better over time when it’s a specialty model.
That 5.2 absolutely sings to 8000rpm! And with headers and full exhaust it’s even better

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
I love the imports too, I was gearing up for a M4. But all the problems I had with my last BMW broke me off, HARD. My wife had a 335i I wish we had kept though, that car was sweet and reliable with no issues.
I would never get a M3 or M4 new, total rip-off. BMW often makes the mistake of building a lot of specialty models and they drop in value even when they’re good. That 3.0 turbo is pretty good but buy it used around 3yo for 1/2 of new. Excellent performance stock and just a tune will improve it further. But no way it will hold its value like a GT350 and regular maintenance will cost you 3x as much easily (BMW has a history of short life brakes, suspension, and cooling systems compared to most other makes)

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I‘d take a specialty but base model vs mid level and fully loaded at the same price if new. Always proven to hold value better over time when it’s a specialty model.
That 5.2 absolutely sings to 8000rpm! And with headers and full exhaust it’s even better
8K rpm is pretty crazy for an American V8 for sure. My Coyote is nuts at 7500. I mean, it really feels weird to watch the tach spin up that high. I've got 3.73 gears also, but 1st gear isn't as short as you'd think. I put 3.73's in a fox body and 1st gear was very short...

Reactions: 3x and Jstegman1

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
8K rpm is pretty crazy for an American V8 for sure. My Coyote is nuts at 7500. I mean, it really feels weird to watch the tach spin up that high. I've got 3.73 gears also, but 1st gear isn't as short as you'd think. I put 3.73's in a fox body and 1st gear was very short...
Yep, that’s what I like about Ford: they advanced with the times and put out DOHC 4v heads that rev unlike Chevy and Dodge with their outdated pushrods.