• Wipe and sit

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Birdnest

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
I have a lot of ARs... mainly because I really like assembling them. It's like expensive knitting. The time to sell and consolidate will come, but that time isn't now.

I get it. That's part of why I switched to 80%, because it's yet another level of 'knitting' I can do on my own.

But my rule now is that I have to have a specific PURPOSE for the gun before I get/build one, and that purpose can't overlap one I've already got by more than half.

So I build uppers to fit lowers I've already got. Saves time, money, and space. For instance that PSA Dissy upper (first one I've bought and not assembled myself) got dropped onto my original Aero lower, and I swapped the buttstock to a SOPMOD type. Now it's a mid-range iron sights gun that I don't care what gets fed through it. Easy to swap that stuff back for when I want my nice longer-range scoped rifle.
My pistol lower has an almost identical .300BO upper - but it's just different enough that I won't try feed the wrong mag into it and cause a KABOOM. I've decided I'll only use Pmags for .300BO, so that's how I know the difference. GI mags for 5.56/.223

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Fuck BWG. What a bunch of morons in there. I'll never go there again after several years ago when they wanted to dig through my shit to make sure that I had put all of my steel case ammo in my car after they tried to get me to give them all of it and keep it behind the counter until I was done in the range. There's really no reason to go to BWG to look at guns since Cherokee is so close and Hi Caliber allows steel case in their range now and doesn't have any dumbass rules.

Eh, I was slummin...didn't have the time to go all the way up to Cherokee

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
If you want good fighting equipment my advice would be sell what you can bear to part with and buy two identical mid tier fighting guns and outfit them the same way. I would definitely recommend BCM. DD is good too but unless you just love their furniture I think Bcm is the better option. DD still mainly uses quad rails which is heavier. But again this is my opinion and in the gun world I am but a worm
I fuckin' haaaaate quad rails. I have this Spike's/BCM/RRA/Black Hole Weaponry build with a quad rail on it and that shit is seriously H&K91/SAR-8/PTR-91 heavy.

cbh13

Millennial Supreme
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2016
Auburn
Zip code
well i am now more excited than i was for the MP5. Wife surprised me today with the Valentines day gift, a collar with a dog tag.

We havent had a dog in a LONNNGGGG time and with life being as busy and crazy as it has been the past couple years i've willingly put it off though i've been wanting another one desperately. This was her saying its ok to start looking again and she actually found one for use to look at that im going to go see tomorrow. im hoping personalities mesh well and that all goes good.

Last edited:

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
I get it. That's part of why I switched to 80%, because it's yet another level of 'knitting' I can do on my own.

But my rule now is that I have to have a specific PURPOSE for the gun before I get/build one, and that purpose can't overlap one I've already got by more than half.

So I build uppers to fit lowers I've already got. Saves time, money, and space. For instance that PSA Dissy upper (first one I've bought and not assembled myself) got dropped onto my original Aero lower, and I swapped the buttstock to a SOPMOD type. Now it's a mid-range iron sights gun that I don't care what gets fed through it. Easy to swap that stuff back for when I want my nice longer-range scoped rifle.
My pistol lower has an almost identical .300BO upper - but it's just different enough that I won't try feed the wrong mag into it and cause a KABOOM. I've decided I'll only use Pmags for .300BO, so that's how I know the difference. GI mags for 5.56/.223
See, I'm totally the opposite. I'm like "Wow I found a muzzle brake and a $5 Magpul foliage grip!" and that turns into an AR. Then I'm like "that's a cool looking handguard" or "didn't know I have an extra gas block and gas tube" and that turns into another AR.
I don't fuck with .300 BO. Maybe if a bunch of $199/case Wolf .300 BO hits the market, I might think about it, but until that happens I'm out. It's either 5.56 or x39 for me.

cbh13

Millennial Supreme
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2016
Auburn
Zip code
AR's are just always fun to bulid for me but i rarely end up hanging onto most of them as i always go back to shooting hte same one and tehn i dont see a need for the others.

this is the one i doubt i'll ever get rid of, i've listed it countless times but never had an offer that pulled me off of it. There is just something about it that for whatever reason i shoot it way better than any of the other AR's ive had. I do want ot build another retro build but i know it will just sit there again and i'll just keep shooting this one. Its a factory Yankee Hill with a UBR

20170927_215532-jpg.1439534

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
And if we are into obscure music.....

GAWD. We gotta get you into some better music.

For instance, here's a really good cover of Blackstreet's "No Diggity".

I like the way she works it...

Saw her do this in concert - it was a total burlesque routine...and the dress came off!

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
GAWD. We gotta get you into some better music.

For instance, here's a really good cover of Blackstreet's "No Diggity".

I like the way she works it...

Saw her do this in concert - it was a total burlesque routine...and the dress came off!
Nahh. My music ranges fro Boney M to Blue Oyster Cult, Brandi Carlile, Bob Dylan, CC Catch, Charlie Daniesl, Depeche Mode, ELO, Fleetwood Mac, The Head and the Heart, Of Monsters and Men, Foreigner, Imagine Dragons, INXS, Karel Gott, London Beat, Lumineers, Lica Turilli, Modern Talking Pink Floyd, Joe Dassin, Jerry Reed, Kansas, Kraftwerk, OneRepublic, Rhapsody, Sandra, Ringo, Tom Petty, Johnny Cash, the Highwayman, Toto Cutigno, Waylon, Wilie, Yes, Wham.

And you probably have not heard about a half of them. Just a small sample of my Prime library.

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
From the BCM website:

"As such Bravo Company's policy is that law enforcement officials and departments will be restricted to the same type of products available to responsible private individuals of that same city or state."

These guys just won my business.