sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
Interesting, Valero labels the content of theirs
we have a Valero in the small town closest to me that sells ethanol free
I buy ethanol free for dirtbikes,4wheelers,hubby's motorcycles,weedeaters,lawnmowers,boat
its 3.99/gallon

Reactions: Laufen

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I don't donate to any organization that has more than one paid employee. Otherwise if you know somebody that needs help let me know and I'll buy them what they need up to what I can afford.

Reactions: sam

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
We have a Habitat for humanity store up in the hills. All volunteer

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
I don't donate to any organization that has more than one paid employee. Otherwise if you know somebody that needs help let me know and I'll buy them what they need up to what I can afford.
in OH, I knew a lot of people around my kids ages and would give them clothes/toys
in GA I don't really know many

salvation army?

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
in OH, I knew a lot of people around my kids ages and would give them clothes/toys
in GA I don't really know many

salvation army?
I won't set foot in a Salvation Army except to use the shitter. Most of the high level people own antique stores.

Around here there is a rescue called Furkids that doesn't have a paid employee. We give most everything to them.

Reactions: Laufen and sam

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
I won't set foot in a Salvation Army except to use the shitter. Most of the high level people own antique stores.

Around here there is a rescue called Furkids that doesn't have a paid employee. We give most everything to them.
didn't know that about the salvation army.....thanks

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Check local school. SOmetimes they have secret lists for families in need. Wife started a coat drive when she was still teaching. Grew over the years and ended on a 500 coat donation that stayed in the county. We chose which organization to give too.never again in the gubernment housing area again. They tried to steal more than the 2 coat limit while they were picking up their free Christmas packages.

Oh, and pulling into the parking area in the Escalade wearing three piece suits.

Dinky Dau

Over Sexed Sr. Citizen
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2015
Zip code
Our Chapter of Nam Knights America MC up here donates 100% to help Veterans..Our out of pocket expenses are just that...Out of our own pocket..

Reactions: Strider12 and sam

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
the ethanol free price never changes here always been 3.99/gallon

Cause they know people are willing to pay it!

Dinky Dau

Over Sexed Sr. Citizen
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2015
Zip code
Not really, we do go down to Millidgeville in early April, We hold a big barbecue for the Georgia War Veterans Home..This year was the first time in 10 years I could not make it..I had not recovered from surgery well enough to go..Really tore me up not to attend.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
This thread is essentially proving my point. All of these terms.....admittedly, my ignorance is my own to overcome but man, it just seems like the learning curve is so steep that I almost don't have the effort to take the hike.

So.....in a nutshell. The Stock Market is an exchange whereby "ownership" of companies are bought, sold, and traded. This Market is gamed by people wholly interested in making money off of it and not in the well being of any of the companies represented. Massive amounts of my own money, both voluntarily and involuntarily, are tied up in the exercise. Is that about the size of it?

Ok, and let's say I own some "stock." What does that even mean? I bought it for $10/share @ 100 shares. Does that $1,000 (minus commissions or whatever) go to the company?

Nope, your money went to the previous owner of the stock. Unless it was an "Initial Public Offering" or IPO, and then /maybe/ it would have gone to the company but probably not.

The sad thing is that the stock market is legalized gambling but /regular/ gambling is often against the law.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
His stash included low brass birdshot and an AR with possibly no sights on the rifle... I'm thinking this guy wouldn't be too difficult to kill.

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
Nope, your money went to the previous owner of the stock. Unless it was an "Initial Public Offering" or IPO, and then /maybe/ it would have gone to the company but probably not.
Ah....duh...that makes sense.

The sad thing is that the stock market is legalized gambling but /regular/ gambling is often against the law.
That's kind of at what I was driving....it seems like after the initial sale and the company gets the infusion of cash, the rest of it is people playing money games over meaningless pieces of paper....and I'm wrestling to understand how and why that affects life as it does.

Reactions: karlvv