Votes: 5 20.8%
  • eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
okay, so the gas station near me happens to post ethanol content of each has level, and it got me thinking. It posts the alcohol content as this.

87octane: 10% ethanol
89octane: 3% ethanol
rec90: 0% ethanol

So what does 93 octane contain in terms of ethanol? I don't want alcohol in my bike, but it also is supposed to be run on premium, 93 octane. Anyone know about this?

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
89 is blended at the pump from 87 and 93...you can do the math and work backwards to get the approx. ethanol content of their 93....but there are variations from batch to batch of gasoline so it's a rough estimate.

REC 90 FTW. My Jeep runs so much smoother on it.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
89 is blended at the pump from 87 and 93...you can do the math and work backwards to get the approx. ethanol content of their 93....but there are variations from batch to batch of gasoline so it's a rough estimate.

REC 90 FTW. My Jeep runs so much smoother on it.
God dammit art! I'm not a mathematician! Do the math for me!

Reactions: Shemp

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
So how much ethanol is in 93? 1%? 2%

I'm mathed out for today already. I would guess between 3-5%. Really it doesn't matter as they can have one batch with 1% and the next with 9% and be fine....since it's labeled as UP TO 10%. I don't imagine it can have much since the energy density of ethanol vs gasoline isn't favorable.

Buckeye76

Frontiersman
Mar 27, 2015
Georgia
I just got off the phone with my distributor. He said, 87, 89, and 93 can all have up to 10% ethanol. Just depends on how they mix it.

Reactions: Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I just got off the phone with my distributor. He said, 87, 89, and 93 can all have up to 10% ethanol. Just depends on how they mix it.
Hooray for farm subsidies!
I looked up my parents neighbor. The dude has received over $650,000 in subsidies to continue to poorly grow corn at a loss...he's made over $58,000 /year for the last decade for doing a shitty job.
The benefit to the consumer? Government sponsored diabetes, and shit gas.

We should seriously be fucking rioting. If you think welfare abuse is bad..ha, this is fucking heinous.
http://farm.ewg.org/

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
The sad thing about ethanol (other than eating your rubber bits) is that it contains less energy per volume.

So the geniuses in Washington made it law and now we all get worse gas mileage...the net effect is we reduced our dependence on foreign oil by zero.

But I'm sure the corn farmers are happy!

And the ethanol makers.

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
This thread is essentially proving my point. All of these terms.....admittedly, my ignorance is my own to overcome but man, it just seems like the learning curve is so steep that I almost don't have the effort to take the hike.

So.....in a nutshell. The Stock Market is an exchange whereby "ownership" of companies are bought, sold, and traded. This Market is gamed by people wholly interested in making money off of it and not in the well being of any of the companies represented. Massive amounts of my own money, both voluntarily and involuntarily, are tied up in the exercise. Is that about the size of it?

Ok, and let's say I own some "stock." What does that even mean? I bought it for $10/share @ 100 shares. Does that $1,000 (minus commissions or whatever) go to the company?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
If you are talking 401K then you really did loose your money! All funds you invest your 401K in still buy market "shares." This means that will the value of your price per share dropped significantly, the amount of shares you own was still the same. When you transferred or moved your money into a safer fund, then you actually lost your money.

People really do not understand 401k programs at all and there is ignorance when it comes to fluctuations in the market. 401k investments are long term and you should not pay attention to daily, monthly or even yearly fluctuations. What happens when in a few years that very same fund has the dollar value double? 401k funds have different risk based funds and when you are young it is recommended that you invest in more aggressive or high risk funds as they will return more money for you. As you get closer to retirement, you want to move your money into low risk funds.

If you look at the performance of the funds in a 401k plan, they will show you since inception the 1, 5, 1o year etc performance. These are the indicators you should use to help determine if a fund is a good performer. I currently have a -2.5% return on my investment with my 401k and I am fine with that. If the market tanks, I am fine with that. Why? Because I know that it will rebound and excel between now and the time I retire! If you have a 401k, just remember it is not the same as investing in the stock market. If you cannot handle the fluctuation, then put all of your future investments in to low risk low yield funds and just enjoy the company matching contributions.
Yep, a lot of people completely fucked themselves out of sheer ignorance yesterday. Jesus people, if the market nose dives for a day or a year, and you don't sell your shares...you haven't lost shit! Pay attention.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
The sad thing about ethanol (other than eating your rubber bits) is that it contains less energy per volume.

So the geniuses in Washington made it law and now we all get worse gas mileage...the net effect is we reduced our dependence on foreign oil by zero.

But I'm sure the corn farmers are happy!

And the ethanol makers.
I truly can't believe more people are up in arms over farm subsidies.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Yep, a lot of people completely fucked themselves out of sheer ignorance yesterday. Jesus people, if the market nose dives for a day or a year, and you don't sell your shares...you haven't lost shit! Pay attention.

Other than my monthly 401K contribution into my mutual fund, I only buy stocks when they crash or drop.

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
every new school year I make my kids clean out their clothes/room
yesterday was 1st day of school, so last night it was cleaning day!

6 XL garbage bags from my 12 year olds room
lots of brand new American eagle/Hollister/nike/polo clothes,shoes,hats,headbands

went to my sons room. he said the other day to donate whatever was left in his closet
3 XL garbage bags of a lot of brand new tags never cut off shorts/pants/shoes and again all expensive clothes
(found POLO dress shoes still in box $90 from BELK)

my room 1 small bag, casue I go through my things 2x's a year

my husband OMG 4 XL garbage bags boots,coats,jeans,shirts never wore brand new with tags
over 20+ tshirts

kitchen 2XL bags dishes/pots/pans

so I usually donate to goodwill. but was going to see where u all donate??????

it drives me crazy to have items that aren't being used
im very OCD about cleaning/organizing

Abishai

Tracker
Kalash Klub
Mar 30, 2015
GA
Zip code
Hooray for farm subsidies!
I looked up my parents neighbor. The dude has received over $650,000 in subsidies to continue to poorly grow corn at a loss...he's made over $58,000 /year for the last decade for doing a shitty job.
The benefit to the consumer? Government sponsored diabetes, and shit gas.

We should seriously be fucking rioting. If you think welfare abuse is bad..ha, this is fucking heinous.
http://farm.ewg.org/
Add to that Corporate Welfare Monsanto, can I say that here or will they come kick my door in ?