Votes: 5 20.8%
  • eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

sewerman68

Hunter
Jul 28, 2015
temple
I remember the days when we had chickens and no pen. Every day was an easter egg hunt. Nothing like hitting a pile of eggs with the lawn mower that have been fermenting in a Ga. summer for a while.

Reactions: Hoss
H

Hoss

I remember the days when we had chickens and no pen. Every day was an easter egg hunt. Nothing like hitting a pile of eggs with the lawn mower that have been fermenting in a Ga. summer for a while.

Yeah. She's sitting hard on these under a feeding trough. I carefully took one in and held it under a light to confirm it was fertilized. On the way out i was vweybgentle with it and stopped tongrab a beer..... I dropped it and a chicken fetus came out so I'm letting the other 8 stay put. I labeled then with a marker. Any new ones go inside for breakfast

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sewerman68

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code

Eww!

sewerman68

Hunter
Jul 28, 2015
temple
Very cool. We had a Barr Rock get broody once and sit on like 25 eggs! They weren't all hers of course but it was really cool when they hatched.

H

Hoss

Very cool. We had a Barr Rock get broody once and sit on like 25 eggs! They weren't all hers of course but it was really cool when they hatched.
Cool! She's gathering them up apparently. I'm going to make a chicken wire border around her in the morning.

sewerman68

Hunter
Jul 28, 2015
temple
Barr rocks or Dominquers as a lot of southerners call them are the chickens most likely to get broody in my experience. We have had chickens for the last 18 years. I can barely eat store bought eggs any more.

H

Hoss

Barr rocks or Dominquers as a lot of southerners call them are the chickens most likely to get broody in my experience. We have had chickens for the last 18 years. I can barely eat store bought eggs any more.
Our reds keep us fed 90% of the time but a snake issue put a damper on that for a few weeks. The naked neck is a cool little hen. I got her at 1 day old and she's a trip.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Thanks for the reminder!

H

Hoss

At one point we had 38 chickens and I was giving away dozens of eggs a week at work just to keep them from going bad.
We had that with only 9 Reds. The hawks got us down to 4 then I got a rooster and things stabilized. I'm ready for a few dozen more reds or brahmas now.

Buckeye76

Frontiersman
Mar 27, 2015
Georgia
Our reds keep us fed 90% of the time but a snake issue put a damper on that for a few weeks. The naked neck is a cool little hen. I got her at 1 day old and she's a trip.

Never seen one before. Thought she had survived an attack by a coon or opossum.