Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
91d1b73f2da4fe6ad51e25d36f1ed691.jpg

Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I don't believe it's learned behavior as much as herd dynamics. I don't think you can really single out a person or group to whom you can point a finger, and placing blame isn't the point of the article anyway.
Also, as pointed out, the intentions are pure and come from a place of kindness. The resulting effect is truncating the very thing that gave rise to more cultural equality in the first place..unbridled, free speech.
Well then why does this pertain specifically to college students?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
No, it's a power play. They get to control the language and pick and choose who to shout down. Some groups can say words, other can't. Some groups can criticize other groups, while the privilege police restrict others
For some it is. It's example of how social evolution doesn't weed out unviable mutants as biological evolution does, but incorporates it at will.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
There's a theory that fanaticism is hereditary and that the puritans of the northeast "evolved" into the humorless progressives we see today.
I've never heard about a humor gene. I'd love to hear about it. Link?

H

Hoss

@sam if any chicken gets away they have to let it go. The locals best the woods and fields around the plant to get free chickens ask the time.

Reactions: sam
H

Hoss

Would you believe. These fully grown chickens are 28-35 days old when processed.

Reactions: sam

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
I've never heard about a humor gene. I'd love to hear about it. Link?

I'd have to find something, but it had nothing to do with humor.

I first heard it about how all the early communists were mostly descended from religious Jews. That there is a "belief" gene and that the descendants of "believers" are going to believe something and if it's not religion it will be replaced with another system.

I doubt this is a scientifically tested theory, and more of the pull it from your bum, social science type.

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
I assume he's talking about the Taboola ad that seems to pop up on just about every website ever. I get it all the time....it's usually some cop arresting some scantily clad lady and the text is based off your ISP location.

I imagine he posted it as some sort of esoteric, existential response to show his indifference to my post. Sort of a Hossifian version of "tl;dr" - or perhaps he's drunk.

Yeah.

Drunk.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code

I first heard it about how all the early communists were mostly descended from religious Jews. That there is a "belief" gene and that the descendants of "believers" are going to believe something and if it's not religion it will be replaced with another system.

I doubt this is a scientifically tested theory, and more of the pull it from your bum, social science type.
Social sciences are held to the same standards, I'd like to read on it.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Chops is still my favorite. Love the steak tar tar there

Otherwise I can generally buy better beef, season it very simply like I like, and cook it exactly how I like it.

I think Bones is a joke.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code

Social sciences are held to the same standards, I'd like to read on it.
Some good points and some bad points. The HUGE font size makes me believe their target audience is 60+. At least they know their demographic.