Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
The puppy did great last night, especially considering that it was his first night away from his mamma. He slept right next to me for half the night and then he moved to the foot of the bed and slept there for the other half of the night. He is gonna get used to this quick, lol. And he didn't chew up anything yet. I know it's coming. Our other dog when she was a puppy chewed up my footboard on my bed. Wonder what this one is gonna destroy.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Why he on painkillers?

He got neutered on Wednesday. He has one more pill he's gotta take this morning and that's it.

I don't normally tend to neuter male dogs because they don't bleed all over the place like female dogs do, but when you adopt you really don't have a choice. They don't usually let them go until they are spayed/neutered and if they do they make it a stipulation for getting the dog that you're gonna get it fixed and they WILL call and check on that stuff and want proof. Hell, here's just a little bit of the adoption process for one of the rescues we were looking at...

Screenshot_20200424-080925_Messages.jpg

They called our vet and everything. One dog we listed that we had owned within the last 10 years wasn't on our vets records because he died of old age before we switched to that vet and that rescue questioned me about it because they didn't have that one dog on file but they had all the others. Like why TF would I take all of my other dogs to the vet but not one? It's no wonder some of these places have so many damn dogs available. Some of their rules or stipulations for adopting are dumb. Like that 2 week probationary foster before they'll let you adopt.

Peanut Butter

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Oct 13, 2019
Jupiter
He got neutered on Wednesday. He has one more pill he's gotta take this morning and that's it.

I don't normally tend to neuter male dogs because they don't bleed all over the place like female dogs do, but when you adopt you really don't have a choice. They don't usually let them go until they are spayed/neutered and if they do they make it a stipulation for getting the dog that you're gonna get it fixed and they WILL call and check on that stuff and want proof. Hell, here's just a little bit of the adoption process for one of the rescues we were looking at...

View attachment 79247

They called our vet and everything. One dog we listed that we had owned within the last 10 years wasn't on our vets records because he died of old age before we switched to that vet and that rescue questioned me about it because they didn't have that one dog on file but they had all the others. Like why TF would I take all of my other dogs to the vet but not one? It's no wonder some of these places have so many damn dogs available. Some of their rules or stipulations for adopting are dumb. Like that 2 week probationary foster before they'll let you adopt.
Gotcha, I figured it was because they neutered him. I had friends in college get DENIED puppy adoption...that process is becoming strict as hell. The neutering I understand because puppy mills are growing at a insane rate.