• Total voters

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Anyone got an ambi ch they want to part with? 100% okay with chinese knock off, just need it to work. Want it for my dad. Damn lefties

PM me yo addy I’ll send it to ya ACME brand slightly used but gtg

310f001dd4193376921fa503c06ac236.jpg

e5d3c055a4411726b53d56f7966b2365.jpg

Huddy

Tracker
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
Question for those that have gotten a speeding ticket. Got one a couple weeks ago (only second ticket in almost 40 years of driving).

What is the best avenue to get the points reduced? I'll pay the fee but really don't want the points and my insurance going up. Think that will be more $ in the end then just paying the ticket. I have a court date (if I choose to use it) in April. Do I go and plead no contest? Fight it(I think that's a losing battle)

Any advise would be appreciated.

You can plea "no lo contendre" (sp?) Once every three years. You pay the fine, a court appearance cost, and no points on the license...at least that's how it went for me...

Old Skool

Tracker
Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Georgia
Question for those that have gotten a speeding ticket. Got one a couple weeks ago (only second ticket in almost 40 years of driving).

What is the best avenue to get the points reduced? I'll pay the fee but really don't want the points and my insurance going up. Think that will be more $ in the end then just paying the ticket. I have a court date (if I choose to use it) in April. Do I go and plead no contest? Fight it(I think that's a losing battle)

Any advise would be appreciated.

Some good advice already about changing the ticket, nolo contendre (also no idea on spelling)

I've always used a traffic lawyer.

They do the exact same thing for you, but you pay them $99 to go to court for you. You don't set foot in the courtroom.

This is Florida talking, but I imagine Georgia has the equivalent.

You pay the fine, you pay the lawyer, you get no points on your licence.

The county just wants the money, they could care less about your points (excluding super reckless stuff)

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
How do you go about that? Do you do that on your court date? Have no idea about this stuff. I have jury duty Monday so will be down there anyway if there is someone I can talk to ahead of time

I think my wife has just called the court and asked to speak with the solicitor before. I'm not sure, haven't had to do it myself.

Jstegman1

Clown Baby
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Da moon
I've spoken to the solicitor general and had the speeding reduced, but had to pay fine got points and did community service.

I've also pleaded nolo. You don't need an attorney or anything for that, just go into court and when they call your name, talk to the solicitor and tell them you want to put in a plea of nolo. You'll pay the fine and it will go on your record, but it won't count for points

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I've spoken to the solicitor general and had the speeding reduced, but had to pay fine got points and did community service.

I've also pleaded nolo. You don't need an attorney or anything for that, just go into court and when they call your name, talk to the solicitor and tell them you want to put in a plea of nolo. You'll pay the fine and it will go on your record, but it won't count for points
I plead yolo and they kicked me out of court, so there's that option.

It's now known as the Shemp defense, I think @triplestack3 has heard of it