• Birdnest

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
Jan 15, 2018
Gwinnett
Zip code
He is not allowed to take his old uniform out of the country (anything with rank insignia), so he would have to be in the civvies. :)
He is bringing me his officer's leather bag, raincoat with harness and a few odds and ends.
Do not know if we will be able to take his medals out of the country, they might have to go to my brother. My dad is also keeping his dad's WW2 medals, if I could get hold of those, would be great! Family history.

My father's uniform, personal effects, etc were all confiscated when he became a pow in WWII. I would love to have those as a remembrance of him. He was Axis not Allied served in the Afrika Corps with Rommel.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
My father's uniform, personal effects, etc were all confiscated when he became a pow in WWII. I would love to have those as a remembrance of him. He was Axis not Allied served in the Afrika Corps with Rommel.
Most of my grand uncles fought in WWII.
The two survived. One was in the 1st Panzer Army from February 1942 until May 1945. His unit was on the eastern front. He was the radio operator in a tank. Part of the group's responsibility was to counterattack Soviet breakthroughs.
At the end of the war, he crossed the Elbe river to surrender to the Americans because surrender to the Soviets was basically a death sentence. When he was released, he rode a bicycle back home with nothing but the coat on his back.
The other survivor I haven't done any research on or met. Those who did not survive have their names listed on the town's war memorial.

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
Most of my grand uncles fought in WWII.
The two survived. One was in the 1st Panzer Army from February 1942 until May 1945. His unit was on the eastern front. He was the radio operator in a tank. Part of the group's responsibility was to counterattack Soviet breakthroughs.
At the end of the war, he crossed the Elbe river to surrender to the Americans because surrender to the Soviets was basically a death sentence. When he was released, he rode a bicycle back home with nothing but the coat on his back.
The other survivor I haven't done any research on or met. Those who did not survive have their names listed on the town's war memorial.

Have you seen "My Honor Was Loyalty"? New flick by an independent producer about some SS guys at the end of the war. Not political, simply a soldier's story.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
So nice seeing wood on an SKS. One day I’ll spring for a Paratrooper. I want a Norinco. I like the spike better than blade bayo. Those are just cool Ass guns. I miss my old Norinco SKS. Shit, I felt like I robbed the guy when he gave me $200 for it. If I had only known.

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
The tanks used in the movie were impressive, the actors and script, not so much.

It was just nice not to see the usual BS being rammed down our throats....the idea that "other" soldiers are human beings is intentionally countered in media. It's a crock, and any attempt to get around that gets my support. Plus K98s.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
My great grandfather served in the eastern front. He was at Battle of the Bulge and D-day. I didn’t know til after he had passed, he never killed a single German. His mom told him to remember those German boys had mothers to go home to as well. He took it to heart. Some might think less because of that. I actually think more.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
There is a stark contrast between the American and german cemeteries in most of Europe. The two in Luxembourg are almost at opposite extreme ends of the spectrum.

Augustatrader

Marksman
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Augusta
That looks damn good man. I like the classic look of the triangle brace, but I don’t know how sturdy it would be for wrist bracing purposes :rolleyes:. The brace you have would be choice number two. Either way, I dig it. I just want a 9mm AK I can suppress and shoot cheap. Every time I Shot my M92 at my uncle’s, the neighbors called the cops. Fucking shit heads. Nothing they could do, but still annoying AF.
Thanks!
LOL... I imagine that M92 is loud AF... Yes, it is nice to to to the range and send 9mm downrange at .15 per round.

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
I’m the only member in my family on both sides (that I’m aware of) to have served not only in the military but during a time of war in an active combat role. I’m proud of that and hope the idea of service to country continues through my future lineage.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
It was just nice not to see the usual BS being rammed down our throats....the idea that "other" soldiers are human beings is intentionally countered in media. It's a crock, and any attempt to get around that gets my support. Plus K98s.

I agree. But the movie was poorly done.There was a huge opportunity to make a good WWII movie with rarely see tanks, it just suffered from poor acting. I literally have 100's of books on WWII, the vast majority of them from the German perspective. As soon as I could read, I started reading about WWII.
20171213_121604.jpg