• eww, i'm to uppidy to use a public tiolet

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
So on top of all this bullshit, my brother just called me bc he doesn't know what to do bc my dad has gone off the deep end with my mom again and he fears for her safety. He doesn't want to call the cops and have our dad sent back to jail and he won't go over there because he told my brother he's gonna force her in the car and make her leave.

But he won't get in the car and leave and cool off and or get a hotel.

And everytime they fucking fight, I get a fucking phone call at 10pm when I have to be up at 4:40am.
If he's getting physical, I'd call it in .... I know you don't want to hear that, but that's what I'd do.

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
So on top of all this bullshit, my brother just called me bc he doesn't know what to do bc my dad has gone off the deep end with my mom again and he fears for her safety. He doesn't want to call the cops and have our dad sent back to jail and he won't go over there because he told my brother he's gonna force her in the car and make her leave.

But he won't get in the car and leave and cool off and or get a hotel.

And everytime they fucking fight, I get a fucking phone call at 10pm when I have to be up at 4:40am.
I know it sucks, but if he is getting physical there are only 2 options:

!) Call the cops. (smart choice)

2) Go put a stop to it yourself. (Not so smart. While satisfying in the short term, it would turn your life to shit for a long time.)

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
If he's getting physical, I'd call it in .... I know you don't want to hear that, but that's what I'd do.

I did this earlier this year and he went to jail. I don't think he did anything physical tonight...yet. but apparently she left the house screaming in her pajamas and no one knows where she went. She's positive the doctors are poisoning her so that's what they're fighting about. She's losing her mind so she's beyond stubborn and my dad is in denial and me and him aren't on talking terms so I can't see my mom. I'm at a loss.

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I did this earlier this year and he went to jail. I don't think he did anything physical...yet. but apparently she left the house screaming in her pajamas and no one knows where she went. She's positive the doctors are poisoning her so that's what they're fighting about. She's losing her mind so she's beyond stubborn and my dad is in denial and me and him aren't on talking terms so I can't see my mom. I'm at a loss.
I get it, I've had/continue to deal with a member of my wife's family that's in a similar state. I feel for ya brotha, but don't hesitate to call Five-0 ... We've found that lack of police reports can lead to all sorts of bad things

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
I did this earlier this year and he went to jail. I don't think he did anything physical tonight...yet. but apparently she left the house screaming in her pajamas and no one knows where she went. She's positive the doctors are poisoning her so that's what they're fighting about. She's losing her mind so she's beyond stubborn and my dad is in denial and me and him aren't on talking terms so I can't see my mom. I'm at a loss.
I hate to say it, but if your mom's mental condition has gotten to that point (I don't care if they call it Alzheimer's, dementia, paranoia or what) she needs a caretaker. And from what you've told me of your dad, he is in no way cut out for being one. it requires an ability to not lose it no matter how irrational things becomes. You're going to have to find a safe place for her.

It's never easy. It's not what anyone wants. But if she has periods of irrationality & he has a temper & tendency for physical attacks, it will, without a doubt, go to a horrible place.

I've dealt with this as the primary caretaker with my dad (Alzheimer's), my sister-in-law (cancer spread to her brain changing her mental abilities), my mother-in-law (dementia) &, of course my wife's autoimmune diseases (some of the medicines affect occasionally reasoning functions). You've got my number. Please call if you need to talk.

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I get it, I've had/continue to deal with a member of my wife's family that's in a similar state. I feel for ya brotha, but don't hesitate to call Five-0 ... We've found that lack of police reports can lead to all sorts of bad things

Thanks man. I hate to hear you have experience with this. I feel like my hands are tied...

There's no good alternative. No one wants to admit or take my mom to get psychiatric help. And my dad's an asshole. I can't make them get a divorce, get help, or make her family in Japan let her come live with them, which is IMO what needs to happen.

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I hate to say it, but if your mom's mental condition has gotten to that point (I don't care if they call it Alzheimer's, dementia, paranoia or what) she needs a caretaker. And from what you've told me of your dad, he is in no way cut out for being one. it requires an ability to not lose it no matter how irrational things becomes. You're going to have to find a safe place for her.

It's never easy. It's not what anyone wants. But if she has periods of irrationality & he has a temper & tendency for physical attacks, it will, without a doubt, go to a horrible place.

I've dealt with this as the primary caretaker with my dad (Alzheimer's), my sister-in-law (cancer spread to her brain changing her mental abilities), my mother-in-law (dementia) &, of course my wife's autoimmune diseases (some of the medicines affect occasionally reasoning functions). You've got my number. Please call if you need to talk.

Unfortunately you have the experience to grasp the dynamics of this 100%.

You're absolutely dead on, I agree. But she's stubborn as hell (you know that gets worse with dementia) so she feels entitled to the house and won't leave. Me and my brother have offered for her to live with us, I have plenty of space for her here. And my dad won't leave the house either. And won't take her for a psych eval. I know what needs to happen but I can't make anyone do anything...

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
She's actually reasonably normal when she isn't around him. Still very stubborn though. But I'd say like 80% normal during the month she stayed with me and then my brother before she moved back home. And then things were smooth for maybe a month before it all started again, not terrible at first but of course getting worse and worse each time until we are here again.

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Thanks man. I hate to hear you have experience with this. I feel like my hands are tied...

There's no good alternative. No one wants to admit or take my mom to get psychiatric help. And my dad's an asshole. I can't make them get a divorce, get help, or make her family in Japan let her come live with them, which is IMO what needs to happen.
1st advice, don't try to make sense of the legal system; for whatever reason, the state of GA doesn't take mental illness seriously, even if you call Five-0 repeatedly for abuse by a middle-aged woman on an 84 yr old combat vet, and prove serious threat, they just get released after a few days after a 72hr hold .... ridiculous

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
Unfortunately you have the experience to grasp the dynamics of this 100%.

You're absolutely dead on, I agree. But she's stubborn as hell (you know that gets worse with dementia) so she feels entitled to the house and won't leave. Me and my brother have offered for her to live with us, I have plenty of space for her here. And my dad won't leave the house either. And won't take her for a psych eval. I know what needs to happen but I can't make anyone do anything...
It's a horrible road but the only thing I know of is calling the cops whenever he gets physical, causes her to run out of the house like this, etc., etc. Enough reports of domestic violence & you can get him removed from the decision making process. The you (& your brother, hopefully) can get her evaluated to see what kind of help she need. Otherwise, this continues until he harms her horribly or she is lost & alone wandering around.

Like @Rabbit2047, I have no sympathy or anything for abusers so personally I'd call the cops if he even raised his damn voice. Get him out of the picture & take care of her. People with dementia can't help their condition. Abusers can, but don't want to. But that's just me.

I'm sorry, man. It's a real 2 dead ends but you still got to choose situation,

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
1st advice, don't try to make sense of the legal system; for whatever reason, the state of GA doesn't take mental illness seriously, even if you call Five-0 repeatedly for abuse by a middle-aged woman on an 84 yr old combat vet, and prove serious threat, they just get released after a few days after a 72hr hold .... ridiculous

That's TERRIBLE!

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
It's a horrible road but the only thing I know of is calling the cops whenever he gets physical, causes her to run out of the house like this, etc., etc. Enough reports of domestic violence & you can get him removed from the decision making process. The you (& your brother, hopefully) can get her evaluated to see what kind of help she need. Otherwise, this continues until he harms her horribly or she is lost & alone wandering around.

Like @Rabbit2047, I have no sympathy or anything for abusers so personally I'd call the cops if he even raised his damn voice. Get him out of the picture & take care of her. People with dementia can't help their condition. Abusers can, but don't want to. But that's just me.

I'm sorry, man. It's a real 2 dead ends but you still got to choose situation,
Yep, unfortunately the only thing that matters to those reviewing the case history is LEO encounters - so call the cops every time

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I'm wondering if my mom has a chemical imbalance from a cancer or tumor? Bc this seems like it started out of the blue in the last year or so.
If she's willing to go for an eval, definitely take her; My wife's and my biggest challenge is to get her sister to even admit there's an issue, let alone get evaluated. Even after multiple 72hr holds, she claims no issues, the state denys her for disability, and the circular cycle goes on and on

Rabbit2047

NOT Joe Exotic, Ted Nugent, or Joe Dirt
Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA
Finally found the stamping I was looking for. Turns out it was on the lock.

It's a British "Out of Service" stamp.

And everything is coming together on the odd pieces.

The BSA 1872 lock was a replacement for the Nov 1870 action. It was likely sold as surplus by the British government and purchased by a gunsmith to convert into a hunting rifle.

20201122_182732_HDR(1).jpg