Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Jhunter

Marksman
Oct 14, 2019
Dallas
Zip code
7c1c186dd3a004d5ebf5519f4bc60a10.jpg

Didn’t get to shoot big pew pews like Jds but I won a turkey shoot today I do not shoulder my guns like my dude on the trophy!

Side note: CZ P07 > Glock 19 for accuracy (for me)
But! I had one casing hang up in the CZ and I’ve put less than 50 through it so that’s disappointing. 500+ through the 19 and she hasn’t flubbed yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jstegman1

Clown Baby
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Da moon

Didn’t get to shoot big pew pews like Jds but I won a turkey shoot today I do not shoulder my guns like my dude on the trophy!

But! I had one casing hang up in the CZ and I’ve put less than 50 through it so that’s disappointing. 500+ through the 19 and she hasn’t flubbed yet.

Good way to get a black eye haha.

Interesting about the p-07. I'm sure you cleaned and lubed it really well before shooting, right? I've had zero issues with any of my CZ's and many rounds downrange with them

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Lots of indoor ranges around here do that now. They say hitting that high means that you could be hitting the ceiling and causing damage.

Not sure on the validity of it.

Damn, the only indoor range I've been to in several years is Shots Fired in Covington. They don't have that rule, and they will let you shoot whatever you want. They'll even let you shoot your own ammo through their rental guns, as long as it's factory loaded. I have practiced drawing from concealment there too and nobody has said anything to me. I think as long as you're safe and shooting on target they don't really give a fuck. I only go there on weekdays when they're not too busy though. I didn't realize so many ranges were turning into fun Nazis. I'd rather not go to the range than deal with some of these stupid rules. I walked out of Big Woods Goods one day when they asked me to open up my range bag and wanted to inspect my ammo. I only had brass cased FMJ's but I'm not gonna let some random motherfucker rummage through my shit.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code

Damn, that's weird. I have a few thousand rounds through my P-07 and never had any type of malfunction. I've only shot 124gr FMJ, 150gr HST and 90gr +p and +p+ Underwood/Lehigh Extreme Defenders out of it though.

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
@I.D.-ten-T if you want to set up a time to drive to Monroe we can go to the farm. Just a field with a big hillside for a backstop. Can go to about 100 yds. No benches, cover or anything else, have to bring targets. . But no ammo rules either. Really, I don't enforce any rules other than safety. @Jake @Peanut Butter you guys aren't that far away. Just give me a little lead time to make sure Suz is ok with me being gone & no other family are doing stuff that we would interfere with. Offer goes for anyone else that wants to head this way. Main limiting factors are weather & enough lead time for me to be sure somebody is available if Suz needs care.

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
I didn’t even get to damn shoot there drove an hour and they’re like “ughhh we’re closed until 2pm for the actual match we need to set up so no warm up before” wtf. That’s the second time I’ve driven to CS after asking if we could shoot to be turned away. I went to the indoor range and just dumped drums to make everyone In there feel as pissed off as me

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
@Jeddak how are you constructing your backstop?
Used tires, stacked and glued together with polyurethane adhesive. Insides filled with crushed unwashed #57 gravel. Two rows of tires, overlapping vertical seams between the tire towers. If it needs more support for stability, I will put pressure treated posts in the back.
I figure 4 to 5 feet of gravel will stop a 7.62x39 and an occasional 30-06.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
@I.D.-ten-T if you want to set up a time to drive to Monroe we can go to the farm. Just a field with a big hillside for a backstop. Can go to about 100 yds. No benches, cover or anything else, have to bring targets. . But no ammo rules either. Really, I don't enforce any rules other than safety. @Jake @Peanut Butter you guys aren't that far away. Just give me a little lead time to make sure Suz is ok with me being gone & no other family are doing stuff that we would interfere with. Offer goes for anyone else that wants to head this way. Main limiting factors are weather & enough lead time for me to be sure somebody is available if Suz needs care.

I'll definitely take you up on that. I just have to plan ahead and make sure that I just have my son. My daughter is too young and wouldn't like the noise. My son would love to go though. He's never shot anything besides a pellet gun.

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Combat rifles should be able to eat anything. The cost savings of shooting steel outweighs the marginal cost of rebarreling a Mattel gun
It really depends. If you’re looking for serious accuracy and buy a high-dollar barrel, then putting non-bimetallic slugs through it makes sense.
But for just shooting, generally speaking the cost of a new barrel every 6k or so is about how much you save buying the bi-metal bullets vs a guy who buys the same barrel and uses only brass and copper jacketed stuff. The second guy will get longer service life, but pay more for ammo.

Reactions: 3x and KhyberPass