• Total voters

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Imma shoot steel case wherever the hell I want. Already paying the range to use it, what should it matter what I type of casing I shoot
Greed only. When they sell the brass the buyers bitch about having to sort out live rounds and steel case. They offer better prices for cleaner buckets of brass and the owner sees dollar signs. But if you allow steel case you bring in a larger group of shooters so you can get your money either way and it behooves you to please your return customers as opposed to bending the knee to the brass farmers

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Norcross Gun Club will let you shoot whatever(obviously not tracers or incendiary) and doesn't have any stupid rules. Hell, @Hayata used to bump fire Tula there all the time.
IF I wanted to drive all the way to Norcross (nope) I’d just drive to an outdoor range and have some real fun instead...
So I guess I’m boned as far as indoor ammo goes...

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
We allow green tip and steel case on our indoor range
Well, then! That’s a reasonable distance (45min) to go, I guess - Or I could drive the opposite direction to Taylorsville about the same amount of time.
I heard it’s a members-only range now?
How does that work? I used to be a member a couple years back but now I don’t have time to shoot only on Wednesday mornings, so I let my membership slide. I’d re-up if it meant I could go on weekends and do the 500yard stuff!!!

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Well, then! That’s a reasonable distance (45min) to go, I guess - Or I could drive the opposite direction to Taylorsville about the same amount of time.
I heard it’s a members-only range now?
How does that work? I used to be a member a couple years back but now I don’t have time to shoot only on Wednesday mornings, so I let my membership slide. I’d re-up if it meant I could go on weekends and do the 500yard stuff!!!
Creekside supposedly is allowing guests during the week with limited access but I haven’t confirmed with him yet I’ll ask today

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
IF I wanted to drive all the way to Norcross (nope) I’d just drive to an outdoor range and have some real fun instead...
So I guess I’m boned as far as indoor ammo goes...
Sgammo.com for range safe AK ammo. Tula and Barnaul make it. Tula is cheaper, more accurate than regular Tula. I have a case sitting around for indoor ranges.

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Imma shoot steel case wherever the hell I want. Already paying the range to use it, what should it matter what I type of casing I shoot
It ain’t about the CASE, it’s about the bullets. Steel case shouldn’t matter a bit. Some ranges are staffed by ignorant folks who think anything magnetic = bad, but it’s only the bullet that goes down range and weaker backstops might be damaged by bi-metal jackets (bi-metal is copper or brass or both mixed as a powder with steel shavings and compressed into jacket material, it saves money but is bad for your bore).

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
It ain’t about the CASE, it’s about the bullets. Steel case shouldn’t matter a bit. Some ranges are staffed by ignorant folks who think anything magnetic = bad, but it’s only the bullet that goes down range and weaker backstops might be damaged by bi-metal jackets (bi-metal is copper or brass or both mixed as a powder with steel shavings and compressed into jacket material, it saves money but is bad for your bore).
AKs were designed for bimetal bullets. Cold hammer forged barrel with chrome lining. I have 15 year old Veprs with cases and cases thru them, and they are still accurate.