POLL: When will the ammo shortage end?

Faktory 47
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mukwah

Good find! Seems things are easing up a bit.8)

Sent from my Droid Razr using my trigger finger.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
As of today July 9th, I have to say that I really see no signs of any improvement. I drive by my local shooting range which is nearby about 4 or 5 times a week and it is usually a very empty parking lot. There use to be (pre-ammo shortage) many occasions when they had to hire someone to direct traffic in the front of the range and store to the rear of the building for parking, as the lot was full.
Well one good thing, No need to worry about parking.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
Whoever came up with the plan to dry up the ammo supply is really diabolical. Listening to the news, criminal gun use is almost completely out of control. Driving to and from work and past our range reveals a consistently deserted parking lot. It's not happening at all.

As usual, someone, somehow has missed the target.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
I went to a Fleet Farm today. There's tons of .22 ammo there and even a couple dozen boxes of .223 ammo (two American brands). I didn't check the pistol ammo because they have it locked up out of sight and I was short on time.

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
Fin feather and fur has mine megs 22's for 12.99 per box.
They have on sale whole point self defense ammo 18.95 a box.
I picked up 5 boxes of 45 ACP and 3 boxes 380 ACP and 3 boxes of 17HMR. The 17's were 14.99 a box of 50.

he7adega.jpg

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
I keep seeing .22LR going for twice the price that it was just before this crisis hit. If you can get it at all, of course.

The greater the profit, the more likely production will find a way to ramp up. Either way, $7.00 Mini-Mag, 100 count or $15.00, 525 count bulk .22LR's have probably gone the way of the dinosaurs. 9mm, etc. is another bleak story.

And so is my weekly... no... monthly... Oh heck, when I can afford to go... trips to the range.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
3Coyotes said:
I keep seeing .22LR going for twice the price that it was just before this crisis hit. If you can get it at all, of course.

The greater the profit, the more likely production will find a way to ramp up. Either way, $7.00 Mini-Mag, 100 count or $15.00, 525 count bulk .22LR's have probably gone the way of the dinosaurs. 9mm, etc. is another bleak story.

And so is my weekly... no... monthly... Oh heck, when I can afford to go... trips to the range.

Sad but true. :(

briant

Hunter
Jun 9, 2012
Orient, OH
Last week I was at my local gunsmith and he had 3 boxes of Federal. 22 lr on the counter. I asked him how much and he said one of his regulars asked if he would sell it for him on consignment. The guy wanted $75...which I said was not too far out of line given availability...then he said $75 per box. I imagine those will be there a while.

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
When I was down in Florida a local pawn shop wanted 28.95 per box of CCI mini mags.
I passed.
RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
I stopped in at Cabela's yesterday afternoon and found plenty of primers, powder, and bullets on the shelves. I have enough so I didn't buy any, but it was tempting for sure.

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
Fin feather and fur has primers for $40.95 per thousand.
I don't need them that bad yet so I passed.

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

TRIGGER_1

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
Athens, GA USA
SkipD said:
I stopped in at Cabela's yesterday afternoon and found plenty of primers, powder, and bullets on the shelves. I have enough so I didn't buy any, but it was tempting for sure.

It may not hurt to buy a little extra....Use it for trading leverage....
I recently traded some primers for some 22....

In Russia you buy a roll of toilet paper and then trade it to someone for a toothbrush...

Long lines in Russian stores to get 1 roll is just like standing in line for 22 at walmart waiting for the 4 pm truck to unload any ammo they get in...:-\

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
Uh-Oh. Looks like .223 ammo is flying off the shelves again. One supplier had nearly 6,000 50 round boxes a day or so ago and it is all gone now. I don't think today's event will make ammo more available, unfortunately.

R

rayzer007

lws380 said:
I don't think today's event will make ammo more available, unfortunately.

Agreed Doug; and these events will continue ...

Ray

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
Trigger_1 said:
In Russia you buy a roll of toilet paper and then trade it to someone for a toothbrush...

Long lines in Russian stores to get 1 roll is just like standing in line for 22 at walmart waiting for the 4 pm truck to unload any ammo they get in...:-\

We should send them our junk mail, at least it would put to good use. :D

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
briant said:
Last week I was at my local gunsmith and he had 3 boxes of Federal. 22 lr on the counter. I asked him how much and he said one of his regulars asked if he would sell it for him on consignment. The guy wanted $75...which I said was not too far out of line given availability...then he said $75 per box. I imagine those will be there a while.

I will not type it here but I have a 2 word reply for those two people.

I reload my .45 acp rounds for about 24 cents each. Gee.......shoot my 1911 or buy some .22 long rifle from these "gentlemen"??? I will go for the 1911 every single time.

Status
Not open for further replies.