POLL: When will the ammo shortage end?

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mukwah

According to Google they have a A+ rating with the BBB, been in business about 12 years and is a small family owned business in Oklahoma. SG is the first letter of the first name of the husband and wife that own it. I looked but could not find anything bad about them. They're ammo is factory production and not reloads.

With that being said I might consider using it for range ammo if I needed it and the price was right.

Sent from my Droid Razr using my trigger finger.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Indigowolf said:
It will end abruptly when the Impeachment process begins.

I do not really think that scenario is a logical event that will occur nor do I believe that even if it did happen, it would have any real effect on the current ammo shortage other than the "PERCEIVED PERCEPTIONS" that are tearing this sport apart. The Conn. shooting sent people into a buying and hoarding frenzy. While it seemed the main focus was on so called "Assault Weapons", the hoarding hysteria even affected .22 cal. ammo. It was a large epidemic scare.

The media lead the charge, with constant threats against gun owners every minute of the day for days and weeks into months. Their goal was to make money, and gain audience share in a competitive market. When that occurs, truth does not matter. The power of the Media is one of the most underrated dangers that we live in today's world. They can be bought, and they are very good at what they do. It is massive propaganda on every level.

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
After getting my FFL and checking with wholesalers that do not sell to the public, the shortage is not going to end very soon. One told me they had about 2,000 pallets of Winchester .22 long rile (525 packs) on back order. They sell tons of other manufactures and box sizes of .22 that are in similar situations. Don't hold your breath.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Sadly, I agree with your comments. Start doing the math and it just does not add up for normality for many years. I wish I understood "marketing and investing" better than I do. Would you invest in ammo? How are the future trends in this market. It appears to be unique and volatile product, one which can send the market into a head spin on any given day. You have so many uncontrollable possibilities. Politics, natural resources, the economy, misconceptions of the sport and, in a country of millions of people, there will always be one nutcase that will do harm. You have a product sitting on a time bomb. For sure, it is a very interesting study.

Sarge

Woodsman
Jun 15, 2012
Florida
SkipD said:
Trigger_1 said:
Lots of ammo for sale on GB............. :'(

What the heck is "GB"?

It's gunbroker.com Skip. It's an online firearms, ammunition, and accessories auction site. A lot of the ammo that been bought at retail outlets over the last 5 months has ended up there. You can buy all the .223/5.56, .45 ACP, 9mm, 22LR, etc., you want...for 2-3 times the price. There is no ammo shortage...just greed.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
Sarge said:
It's gunbroker.com Skip. It's an online firearms, ammunition, and accessories auction site. A lot of the ammo that been bought at retail outlets over the last 5 months has ended up there. You can buy all the .223/5.56, .45 ACP, 9mm, 22LR, etc., you want...for 2-3 times the price. There is no ammo shortage...just greed.

Thanks. I don't participate in any auction sites so I've missed that one.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
Trigger_1 said:
Everybody knows what GB is......GunBroker...... :D :D :D

$100 a brick for .22..............All you can carry
I surely didn't know what the abbreviation. However, I've added it to the forum glossary.

If y'all could peruse the forum glossary (click the link) and let me know what may be missing, then I'll add that to the glossary.

Thanks all...

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
Trigger_1 said:
Everybody knows what GB is......GunBroker...... :D :D :D

$100 a brick for .22..............All you can carry

Had a customer tell me he got a box of 500+ for a good deal of $90.

TRIGGER_1

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
Athens, GA USA
There was 8 bricks of Federal .22 up to 927 buckos a couple of weeks ago on GB..... :eek:

There was a day or too left on the auction and I didn't see what it finally went for.... :eek:

Hard to believe folks will pay that much for $160 worth of .22 ammo.... :-\

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
I have about 50 rounds that I am willing to shoot of .22lr's after that my .22lr pistols and rifle will be put up until this madness ends. I am able to get 9mm for 18.95 for a box of 50 do I will just go to the range for a fast 50 several times a month. Just sad that a country's leader would do this to the people he is suppose to serve.

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
Was at my local Warehouse Sports last Friday, they actually had a lot of boxes of 9mm American Eagle FMJ's in the 115 or 124 grain flavors! Limit 3 boxes per person per day, so my wife bought 3 & I bought 3. $15.99 per box or total of $95.94 for 300 rounds. Haven't seen 9mm locally in quite awhile, a sign things are looking up? We can only hope! Yogi 8)

BeyondTheBox

Woodsman
Jan 7, 2013
The Great NorthWest
Never

I have little faith that things will settle or subside, ever. The liberal anti gunner rhetoric is at an all time high and only gaining speed. I believe it's only a matter of time before limitations are mandated by law on both ammo and powder, only creating further panic and hoarding.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.