Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
2013-05-20PSAAmmo.jpg

I was making the rounds Monday and this is the usual scene at Palmetto State Armory. As soon as they get 22LR it’s gone.

2013-05-20PSAAmmo2.jpg

PSA did have some .223 Ammo but the price was a bit too much. Besides I have enough in my stash. It was 400 rounds of Federal for 99 Cents a round.

2013-05-20SportsmanWHAmmo.jpg

The Sportsman Warehouse ammo truck had just arrived on Monday at 1230 so the folks were stocking the customer service shelves. One box limit. They had some .380 and some 22LR. It was 36 grains, I passed.

Hang in there and this shall pass too.

Slowhand

Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
LOL...Magic glue!!! Me too. Actually when I take the photographs using a Samsung Galaxy pad the pictures are normal. I upload them to photobucket and one will get turned. I've tried their edit program and rotated the image and saved it but it still comes out the same way.

BeyondTheBox

Woodsman
Jan 7, 2013
The Great NorthWest
Slowhand said:
LOL...Magic glue!!! Me too. Actually when I take the photographs using a Samsung Galaxy pad the pictures are normal. I upload them to photobucket and one will get turned. I've tried their edit program and rotated the image and saved it but it still comes out the same way.

Happens with most Samsung Galaxy products.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
Talked to a major wholesaler and they told me manufactures tell them I will take at least a year for them to try and get caught up on orders.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
lws380 said:
Talked to a major wholesaler and they told me manufactures tell them I will take at least a year for them to try and get caught up on orders.

That's a bummer. I just found that the Hornady bullets I use in my AR15 are back in stock after a couple months of waiting. I just ordered another 500.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
It would be interesting to see just how many business's are affected by this shortage. Holster companies, cleaning supplies, targets, reloading supplies, ranges, and on and on. Even forums I would think have to be hurt to some degree. The poll at a conservative best is a 6 month to year shortage. A long time for a business to lose so much revenue. Maybe the government should step in and help out! LOL! :D

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
davevabch said:
It would be interesting to see just how many business's are affected by this shortage. Holster companies, cleaning supplies, targets, reloading supplies, ranges, and on and on.

Easy. All of them! Of course many are setting new records as they sell everything they get. So businesses are not necessarily affected financially. They would of course like to have more product and make even more $$$, but that is not happening. The end users are affected the most.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
I can understand the initial sales going up with the big surge in gun sales. However, how will these businesses be down the road when gun sales go down and still no one shooting because of no ammo? I can understand your product doing well, as concealed carry is big, and there are always those who want a quality holster, a cccarry is a every day occurrence for a individual regardless of going to the range and actually shooting. If there is no ammo, then what good is a target for instance?

M

mukwah

I think this must be hitting some parts of the country harder than others. Here in the south where I am it's not like it was before but ammo is available. At Academy this morning I picked up a box of .45ACP and a 100 ct CCI Mini Mag. While there I did a quick eyeball of the inventory and they seemed to have some stock of just about every caliber, even the new Ted Nugent stuff. Their ammo comes in every morning, and sometimes they run out pretty quick, but there is more the next morning. Just have to get there early.

Sent from my Droid Razr using my trigger finger.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
I was at a gun shop last week and they had 1 box of UMC 9mm 250rds for $360.00. I saw online 9mm 1000 rds for $775.00. Gee, and I felt guilty yesterday for buying another Blowback BB Pistol. I had a luck find and found RWS Diabolo Pellets which work great in airgun Pistols. 2,000 pellets set me back about $25.00. I have been shooting daily since getting my New CP88 and now my Walther CP99. The Germans really know how to make a good air rifle/pistols.

M

mukwah

Sounds like fun Dave! I still want to go that route at some point soon. I like the thought of being able to shoot whenever I want to!

Sent from my Droid Razr using my trigger finger.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Mukwah, oh yea it is a lot of gun. It rained all day here in Va. Spent hours in my garage shooting the CP99 compact I picked up Friday. I wanted something that shot like my SR22 and the 99 fit the bill. The trigger is very similar and the blow back is a lot stronger than I expected, More recoil than the 22. I set up my home garage range with a glow target and used a cheap UV flashlight on the pellet/BB trap. Shooting in Pitch darkness is fun. The target with the UV light glows like a electronic device. Also the blow back makes the gun quieter and is no problem to shoot outdoors and not upset any neighbors.
These pistols are great for the fast point and shoot and training which I love to do.

Slowhand

Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
I made the rounds this afternoon. At Lawmen's I and picked up 2 Boxes of Remington 223 55 Grain ammunition 20 rounds each for $8.09 a box, including taxes. To replace the ammo I shot up Saturday.

Palmetto State Armory had some 9mm for $18.00 a box up from the last time I bought some in February for $10.99 a box. Fortunately I picked up 4 boxes back then so I'm still good.

Sportsman Warehouse had their ammo truck show up yesterday. By today anything of interest was long gone.

Cooper

Woodsman
Mar 6, 2010
Alabama USA
June 7, 2013 -- Today Scheels, a Midwest Sporting Goods Chain, had a good selection of 223, 308, 7.62X39, and all handgun ammo. Not much for 22LR. They were out of primers, had most bullets/brass except 40S&W/10mm, and a fairly good stock of powder in most varieties. I was pleasantly surprised. Hopefully this is an upward trend!

Little Honco

Status
Not open for further replies.