POLL: When will the ammo shortage end?

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mukwah

I'm hearing from different forums that things are easing up a bit. Let's hope that's a good sign!

Sent from my Droid Razr using my trigger finger.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Trigger_1 said:
Our Wally World got some 9mm and 44 magnums in today.... :eek:

They went quickly.....Very quickly....Heh Heh..... 8)

Interesting Trigger. When I talked to a friend of mine that works behind the counter, she showed me, by her "Inventory Gun" that they could not order, "Restricted". Maybe now they can reorder, It will be nice to see how things develop as Wally World seems to be the Marker on ammo status with their BUYING POWER!

Silverfox1

Hunter
Jun 10, 2012
Louisville, KY
I found decent quantities of 9mm om the shlf at the local Cabela's yesterday. They had American Eagle 100 round value packs 115 grain FMJ @ $32.99, limit of 5 packs. I bought 3 packs, even though I thought they were still a little high. Then I saw a 250 round pack of UMC @ Walmart, didn't catch the price though. I,m feeling a little encouraged.

TRIGGER_1

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
Athens, GA USA
The WWB 9mm goes for 15.47 at our Wally World when they have it.... :-\

Silverfox....That's not a bad price at Cabela's....I would have bought some too.... :p

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
In my opinion it will come down to three factors.

(1) when the scalpers stop mass purchasing. They managed to become very organized and proficient in scrounging up all available supplies, ex. going into a Walmart in their gang, buying up the ammo at the minimum for each individual and then all the ammo later going into one car trunk and then reselling at scalped prices. This has been happening in my state from people in a nearby state crossing the border.

(2) About the time the ammo might become available in a normal market it will be election time again and it is a about a 50/50 chance that the hoarding will begin all over again.

(3) There will be another shooting disaster just like there will another hurricane. Millions of people in this country and of course with that population, you will have the usual nut cases that go off the deep end. If any kind of firearm is used it will trigger yet another hoarding frenzy.

The best we can do is support the NRA and cross our fingers.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
For what it's worth...

Last night, I scored 3 250 count boxes of 9mm UMC... Walmart @ $64 each. The clerk said it was the first ammo shipment of any kind in months and he expected it all gone this morning.

No .22 anything. That's what I really need next.

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
Hi I went to a Walmart store down here in Florida
They had 3 boxes of 9 millimeter for 13.99 and I think about 6 boxes of 40.

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

BubbaDX

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I've had pretty good luck at my local WalMart picking up .45, 5.56, .223 and 7.62x39. I just buy whichever caliber is available.

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
One of the Wholesalers I have a relationship with posted some Winchester .223 ammo for sale yesterday. And also some DRT .45 carry ammo. Both still in stock today.

It is a little sign things are easing a little. I also called MagPul distributor and 30 round Pmags are in stock as well.

M

mukwah

I'm seeing and hearing this a lot here in the south Doug. I don't think the rest of the country is doing much better than they were.

Sent from my Droid Razr using my trigger finger.

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
My nephew has been looking for some .223 locally. He ran across this .22 stuff while looking for .223. He asked me if I wanted the .22 when he found it, I said yes. He did ultimately get some .223 for himself also. So a little more .22 for me. He got 3 boxes of the CCI (100 rounds each) at one place and the Federal (325 pack) at another place.

22score_zps3ebc914c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.