Spike’s Tactical Releases Waterboarding Instructor Lower

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
The fit of a bolt action in a stock is critical to accuracy. The fit of an AR upper and lower is not. Don’t compare apples to bricks.

I totally understand if it is a personal preference. I have several foibles when it comes to firearms, but I know how to keep my pet peeves and facts separate.

It isn’t always a matter of “getting It right”, oftentimes it is a matter of tolerances. All machined parts have a range of acceptable tolerances. Take a lower on the high end of the tolerances, mate it with an upper on the low end, and you can end up with some noticeable movement. All well within spec and capable of great accuracy. If it doesn’t meet a personal criteria, again I understand, but it is not a failure on the part of the manufacturer.

Liberty

nitrocellulose dispenser
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
Ga
Zip code
The fit of a bolt action in a stock is critical to accuracy. The fit of an AR upper and lower is not. Don’t compare apples to bricks.

I totally understand if it is a personal preference. I have several foibles when it comes to firearms, but I know how to keep my pet peeves and facts separate.

It isn’t always a matter of “getting It right”, oftentimes it is a matter of tolerances. All machined parts have a range of acceptable tolerances. Take a lower on the high end of the tolerances, mate it with an upper on the low end, and you can end up with some noticeable movement. All well within spec and capable of great accuracy. If it doesn’t meet a personal criteria, again I understand, but it is not a failure on the part of the manufacturer.

How dare you spread this heresy! Everyone who is knowledgeable about ar's knows that the manufactures mark creates the accuracy. When I am trying to tune my .556 m4 for shooting groundhogs at 2000 meters, my most importand decision is what shade of o.d. green to paint the m4. In fact, the accu-wedge is always color matched as well, for maximum deadliness.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
I'm not worried about the upper and lower fit of the weapon, most, if not all rack grade weapons will shoot far better than the loose nut behind the trigger. I'd be more concerned with the ammunition quality, and the grain weight, and what your particular rifle will shoot, and group the best.

The Mechanic

Hunter
Oct 12, 2018
acworth
Zip code
What's there to be confused about? Greg articulated it perfectly here. The fit of the receivers is the heart and soul, the corner Stone if you will. Don't let cmshoot muddy the waters with his opinions.
I heard it both ways. I heard it doesn't bother accuracy and I heard competition shooters that use shims at the take down pins and glass their receivers and all that shit. So I can't say for sure it bothers accuracy but it bothers the shit out of me when I hear clunking between by receiver lugs. So accuracy isn't why I do it. I wan't a good snug fit so the rifle sounds like a quality gun when you pick it up and handle it. There are scores of others that share my opinion. If someone doesn't mind it then great for them it makes building one a whole lot easier.

Last edited:

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
I heard it both ways. I heard it doesn't bother accuracy and I heard competition shooters that use shims at the take down pins and glass their receivers and all that shit. So I can't say for sure it bothers accuracy but it bothers the shit out of me when I here clunking between by receiver lugs. So accuracy isn't why I do it. I wan't a good snug fit so the rifle sounds like a quality gun when you pick it up and handle it. There are scores of others that share my opinion. If someone doesn't mind it then great for them it makes building one a whole lot easier.
I don't like shakey receivers either. But, no one is bedding the upper and lower receivers of an AR. Glass bedding is for bolt guns and is generally a positive. What is bedded on an AR is the barrel into the upper receiver.

There is a lot of voodoo running around in competition circuits. A lot of it is just like a baseball player's pre-game ritual. They think it helps, although it has no effect on their game. As long as it doesn't negatively affect the outcome, who cares. Go for it.

The Mechanic

Hunter
Oct 12, 2018
acworth
Zip code
I don't like shakey receivers either. But, no one is bedding the upper and lower receivers of an AR. Glass bedding is for bolt guns and is generally a positive. What is bedded on an AR is the barrel into the upper receiver.

There is a lot of voodoo running around in competition circuits. A lot of it is just like a baseball player's pre-game ritual. They think it helps, although it has no effect on their game. As long as it doesn't negatively affect the outcome, who cares. Go for it.
It's not the same thing. Look up
' upper and lower fit on a AR15 ' and read a couple of the results and you will find it.

Reactions: BangBang

ReservoirDawg10

Sniper
Site Supporter
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
Arfcom also has a lot of nuts that think a piece of rubber in the receiver over the trigger group is a good idea. If you search hard enough, you will always find someone to say what you want to hear. Just look at flat earthers.

The Mechanic

Hunter
Oct 12, 2018
acworth
Zip code
Call it what you will. Some prefer no movement so don't care. That's the truth. No amount of bickering will ever change that.