Spike’s Tactical Releases Waterboarding Instructor Lower

American Revival Apparel Company

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Spikes should just admit it and sell ed hardy and affliction branded lowers. And instead of including a challenge coin they should include torn, weathered, and rhinestoned jeans.
Some sweet white framed Oakley glasses would round it out.

Reactions: chance and cmshoot

Allsmiles

Frontiersman
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Mar 15, 2017
Golfcart City, GA
Zip code
I've built a handful of AR's using Spikes receivers with no issues. My current hunting AR has a punisher lower and Spikes T2 buffer. If you want a special roll mark, they are fine. I actually like the Aero Gen2s better since I don't have to tap the take down spring hole and they come with slop adjustment screw if needed.

Reactions: Rwjeter

The Mechanic

Hunter
Oct 12, 2018
acworth
Zip code
I don't know that for a fact. It could be so. Aero Precision is a Space and Aeronautical parts builder and has contracts with NASA and other aircraft manufactures. I would make sense that they would branch out and make lowers to other vendors specs. They would have a heap of CNC machines so keeping them all working would make for good business practice. Spikes is solid kit to a point I can't deny that. They look and feel better than Anderson but they make their own receivers as well ( anderson does ). I don't consider Aero low line kit ( kind of mid-mid line ) but I wan't something a little unique.

As far as I know there is only one manufacturer that makes every part on an AR down to the detents and that is Daniel Defense. However like someone said in a earlier post finding a DD lower is like finding a sparkling red diamond. Now that they are making their own parts they are leaning towards being able to work and repair all the machines that make all of their parts. Other from their facility in Georgia they have also acquired a 12,000 sq. ft. facility in one of Carolinas as well. Also built two large add ons in their Georgia plant.

It's hard to tell who is making their parts these days. Other that ones I listed I couldn't tell who's making who's parts. The only one's I know that make their own receivers is, Stag arms, Aero, Anderson, Daniel Defense, Mega and that's all I know of. I am sure their are small really unique billet makers that have a couple of CNC machines and make their own receivers but I couldn't be for sure who those are.

Last edited:
Reactions: BangBang

The Mechanic

Hunter
Oct 12, 2018
acworth
Zip code
I have handled a few of their rifles and they seem solid. At least the ones I fondled were decent. Now that the bottom has dropped out of the market it could be completely possible they switched manufactures and cut corners to keep up. I haven't picked up a spikes receiver for years.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I have handled a few of their rifles and they seem solid. At least the ones I fondled were decent. Now that the bottom has dropped out of the market it could be completely possible they switched manufactures and cut corners to keep up. I haven't picked up a spikes receiver for years.

How do you feel about KAC?

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
Within reason,who makes a receiver for a company is less important than how that customer company specs out their requirements. The same manufacturer can make very different receivers, quality-wise, for two different companies.

Last edited:

The Mechanic

Hunter
Oct 12, 2018
acworth
Zip code
KAC is good to go however their prices are freaking unrealistic. I think I saw a castle nut and backing plate for 95 bucks. There is a point where quality commands a price but ain't nothing that damn good. A gas tube for 57 bucks,ambi charging handle ( not even NiB coated ) 160. Oh the one that really got me was the bolt carrier repair kit 140 bucks. LOL I am not the one. I can get a titanium firing pin for 24 and all the other parts it has in it from BCM for 50 bucks.

I am sorry but a little price hike for being good well that's ok. I can not patronize a place that sucks their customers dry just to have a gun with KAC on the side.

I AM NOT THE ONE!

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
KAC is good to go however their prices are freaking unrealistic. I think I saw a castle nut and backing plate for 95 bucks. There is a point where quality commands a price but ain't nothing that damn good. A gas tube for 57 bucks,ambi charging handle ( not even NiB coated ) 160. Oh the one that really got me was the bolt carrier repair kit 140 bucks. LOL I am not the one. I can get a titanium firing pin for 24 and all the other parts it has in it from BCM for 50 bucks.

I am sorry but a little price hike for being good well that's ok. I can not patronize a place that sucks their customers dry just to have a gun with KAC on the side.

I AM NOT THE ONE!
Go be poor somewhere else. lol

Around here it's caviar and silk gloved handjobs.

The Mechanic

Hunter
Oct 12, 2018
acworth
Zip code
My builds usually run me about 1,200 right in that area. If I am going all out for accuracy and have a unique rifle then it get's up to about 1,800. I've got two 1,800 dollar builds and they shoot light out. Sub MOA is the word for how accurate they are. So buying good parts and taking one up the keister is two different ball games.