• Total voters

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
"You never get a second chance to make a first impression"

I stole that one from a tv commercial. Can't remember if it was deodorant, toothpaste, or what.

I agree and subscribe to that philosophy, however I don't want to look obnoxious with a HUGE setup for a smaller, more intimate event.

Reactions: Patryn

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
The other factor fella's is spending money smartly by understanding the event better. I don't want to invest a big amount into an event that is smaller on average and vice versa.

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
I would imagine that the event is pretty small. Honestly, I don't see how the store is still in business. I went there once to do a trade with one of the guys that works there. I think I spent roughly 30 minutes in the store and during that time, no one came in and the place looked like no one had been in all day. My wife works about 5 minutes from there so I'm in that area a lot....parking lot is mostly empty.

I don't know...maybe I just go by at the wrong times? :noidea:

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
I would imagine that the event is pretty small. Honestly, I don't see how the store is still in business. I went there once to do a trade with one of the guys that works there. I think I spent roughly 30 minutes in the store and during that time, no one came in and the place looked like no one had been in all day. My wife works about 5 minutes from there so I'm in that area a lot....parking lot is mostly empty.

I don't know...maybe I just go by at the wrong times? :noidea:
Seems to me that a business like that could not possibly survive on walk in sales alone. They cater to a very specific type of customer by the very nature of the business. Online sales?

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
Seems to me that a business like that could not possibly survive on walk in sales alone. They cater to a very specific type of customer by the very nature of the business. Online sales?
You may be on to something as they do have online sales as a component on their website. I'd never been to it and hadn't checked. Either way, it's a really small store as I recall it. They had a bunch of 5.11 pants and shirts and boots in one corner and then a wall of Mountain House stuff, another wall of what appeared to be general camping paraphernalia and then a few little kiosk things in the middle of store with outdoor knick-knacky gadgets. The one thing that stuck out to me was how neat and full everything seemed to be. Everything rack and shelf and pull tab thing was full of whatever it was holding. It just looked like nothing had been sold or even moved.

I don't know...maybe the owners/workers are just very meticulous.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Charlie Daniels old style.

We could use a little more boost right now.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
I used an electric razor for most of my adult life since it was so convenient but over the last few years switched to wet shaving using a brush and shave soap. Much more effective shaving and much less messy than using a can of shave cream that you have to apply with your hand.

What say you SET?

Green Panther

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, Georgia
I might be confused. Is it considered wet shaving when you use a brush and shave soap, but not when using shave cream and a razor?

If I need to clean up in the evening for some reason I will use an electric trimmer. Anymore than a day and its not real effective so I use a razor.

TattooedGunner

Frontiersman
Mar 31, 2015
Cedartown, GA
Zip code
I went through all of that a few years ago. Tried the DE, SE, and even used straight razors for a few months. In the end I just grew a beard.

I still use my EverReady 1912 SE to shave my neckline though. I usually just use neutrogena sensitive Shave gel. I'm out of the Cella and Mitchell's Wool Fat I used to prefer. I still have a straight and my Simpson badger and Omega boar brushes.

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
Shaving cream and razor. Never have really liked the electric razors. But I do use a electric trimmer if I go to long without shaving, because the razor hurts at that point.

Abishai

Tracker
Kalash Klub
Mar 30, 2015
GA
Zip code
Hayata thought this might be a poll lol , oh and the answer is wet shave

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
old school, cheap ass Gillette out of the red and black can, disposable razors, and warm water.

I don't care - up stroke or down - whatever leaves less ingrown hairs.