Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
There are other threads?
What?

giphy.gif

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Thanks @Jeddak that's exactly how mine looks!

Thanks for taking the time to take the pics and edumacate me!

I was like, wow, this thing really sticks out far and I thought maybe it was out of spec (the gauge) or I was doing something wrong.

Will keep the field gauge in my bag o' kit and keep checking my cheap AK's as I run rounds through them so I don't blow anyone up!
I’ve got a buddy who built his AK about 8 years ago from an 80% receiver and a “virgin Yugo parts kit”. He couldn’t get it to headspace consistently, and made a mess of the whole thing. I’ve only seen it once about 7 years ago, he fired it once then threw it in the back of the safe. Apparently he messed up a couple of the rivets in the kit, had to finish it with screws, and the barrel was chambered for something other than x39, plus the company he bought the kit from was out of business by the time he realized, so he had to buy another barrel from elsewhere.
Now his opinion of all AKs is that they never will headspace. He tried his gauge in a few AKs at a shop and had similar results.

Any idea why he’s have these issues? I thought maybe he had a kit that needed a 1.5 mm receiver and he put a 1mm receiver on it, maybe that would be a problem? I asked, and he didn’t know there was a difference.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
You're right. It just pissed me off that it was suggested we break topics into their own individual threads--I mean, we cover 100 different topics a day, just shooting the shit. Sorry for the post, I tried to make it the least antagonistic as possible without losing the sentiment behind it. The suggestions are exactly what we've been told in V1 several times, and it just made me think, "Well, here we go again."
I’m not saying the thread should go away, just that it may be a good idea to take components/topics of the thread and start additional threads on specific topics to cover them more in depth. I love random threads like this, and the “things no one cares about thread”, it’s just that some incredible amount information gets buried if it’s not categorized.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I’m not saying the thread should go away, just that it may be a good idea to take components/topics of the thread and start additional threads on specific topics to cover them more in depth. I love random threads like this, and the “things no one cares about thread”, it’s just that some incredible amount information gets buried if it’s not categorized.
giphy (16).gif