• Total voters

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Does anyone feel like there are a fair number of people that are really hoping for a broader domestic issue to take place?

Honestly? Yes, it seems that people aren't so much scared of it happening as waiting/hoping for it happen. I sure as hell don't.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Honestly? Yes, it seems that people aren't so much scared of it happening as waiting/hoping for it happen. I sure as hell don't.
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I managed a gun shop during 9/11, and the giddiness that some, I'd even say many, folks displayed about the potential opportunity for them to defend their country from A-Rabs was pretty disconcerting.

Reactions: sam and Shemp

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I managed a gun shop during 9/11, and the giddiness that some, I'd even say many, folks displayed about the potential opportunity for them to defend their country from A-Rabs was pretty disconcerting.
That kind of sentiment is all over the place.

Reactions: Laufen

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
no...I am saying that there are reasons to think that the letter is fake but the reasons he gave aren't very strong.

If anything the content of the letter itself would lead me to question it, primarily the syntax used....not the font or that it was placed on a vehicle off-base. It reads as something someone who is trying write like a jihadi would write it.
Gotcha.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code

Most people don't understand or have the faintest idea of what it would really be like.....they watch too many movies.

I pray to God I NEVER have to use any of my guns in self defense...ever.

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
Any of you remember the sandbag bunker they built at Dobbins along the fence along 41 right after 9/11?

Couple years later I met a guy who became a friend. He worked for Lockheed and spent 5 years overseas deployed. We were talking one night and the subject came up about the bunker. He looked at me and asked if I knew what was in it? I had no clue. His answer, NOTHING. It was all for show. They put mannequins in uniform every now and then, and moved some trucks around. Was a pony show to make us citizens feel like they were doing something.

Reactions: Strider12

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
That kind of sentiment is all over the place.

I think it is a sign of pent-up frustration.

A chance to let that out and "show 'em what we're made of".

LXHunter

Frontiersman
Jun 24, 2015
Zip code
I do to...unless I have to go on base. Getting caught with one on base is a world of trouble
You can always check a weapon at the gate and it is secured in the armory. I am at the Navy Marine Center on the backside and a few of our guys that are cops have checked weapons before - upon entering.

rOmiLaYu

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 25, 2015
Earth
Zip code
I think it is a sign of pent-up frustration.

A chance to let that out and "show 'em what we're made of".
I think it's a sign of false bravado and machismo. I'd be willing to bet that, outside of maybe a fish or a fly, most people haven't killed anything - much less another human being - much less one that has caught them unawares and is engaging them with a significant volume of fire. I've shot with a lot guys and gals over the years and I'll say this...most people have a hard time with a paper plate past 7yds. In a crowded enviornment with adrenaline dumping into your system, and fear gripping your throat?

Yeah, I'll pass.

Also, my k/d on COD is like .976. Bring it skinnies. Hooah.

Now where are my Cheetos....

Reactions: Strider12

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Has anyone went to the Preppers Vault Anniversary event that was held last year? We are planning on attending and I wasn't certain how BIG to go. Whether it will be a smaller affair or if it's a bigger affair that I'll need to set up a big table, etc.

Reactions: Patryn

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
"You never get a second chance to make a first impression"

I stole that one from a tv commercial. Can't remember if it was deodorant, toothpaste, or what.