Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
Uncle just told me on his deployment his mag fell apart in a firefight so he started using Pmags. He gonna let me get the ones he do have though.....should I worry?
I can see it happen if the bottom of the mag got crushed somehow, and floorplate fell out.
Use steel GI mags, ala H&K, so it does not happen, or Lancers, with plastic bottom and steel feed lips.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
SureFeed E2 is my preferred "GI" style mag. They are basically upgraded Okay Industries mags with a different anti-tilt follower and dimples on the sides for better grip. They are a little bit more than standard GI mags but they are worth it, especially if you're gonna buy old used GI mags and replace the follower and springs anyways. They are made by Okay Industries who has been making mags for Colt, and also a few other brands as well as the military for decades.

Screenshot_20191213-092643_Samsung Internet.jpg

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
SureFeed E2 is my preferred "GI" style mag. They are basically upgraded Okay Industries mags with a different anti-tilt follower and dimples on the sides for better grip. They are a little bit more than standard GI mags but they are worth it, especially if you're gonna buy old used GI mags and replace the follower and springs anyways. They are made by Okay Industries who has been making mags for Colt, and also a few other brands as well as the militarynfor decades.

View attachment 60256

Where do you find them?

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
I have both GI mags and Pmags never had issues with either except when loading 300BLK but that’s no longer an issue cause that upper is gone.
Thing is with long term loaded mag storage the feed lips can warp on Pmags not so with GI mags. Not to mention plastic breaks easier than metal does. That’s why I have more GI mags than Pmags.