Newnan
Zip code

AC-130 Above

WTB: SVT-40
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Newnan
Zip code
I had nothing to work on yesterday. Same thing today and tomorrow. Boss is gone today and tomorrow. 8 hours internet yesterday, 4.5 more hours today and 8 more tomorrow. Death by boredom.
My boss called me this morning telling me basically to go back to bed cus he needs me to work a random ass reset at 126 HOme Depot. 8pm-4am. Stayed up late last night drinking so just gunna try and use that sleep strength to go back to sleep lol

roadsignmcclanahan

Riding this shit show straight to hell
Aug 13, 2015
Cleveland, TN
Zip code
Ha! I remember it from back in the day:
”you’re all very valuable, you’re the lifeblood of this company”
meaning
“how can we convince you to continue attempting to prove yourselves by working extra hard at the same pay rate or maybe a slight increase? There will be recognition through a company lunch or dinner at years end, a handshake, pat on the back, doughnuts, cake, even a small bonus check”
Words may have changed/evolved some, but it’s basically always the same bullshit
If only that's what we got. Normally it's "You all suck. I love everyone of you. But you all suck. This is the greatest team in the country. You're all terrible at your job and the only reason we do any good is because of me. You all should be kissing my feet since I beat cancer, and this pandemic."

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
If only that's what we got. Normally it's "You all suck. I love everyone of you. But you all suck. This is the greatest team in the country. You're all terrible at your job and the only reason we do any good is because of me. You all should be kissing my feet since I beat cancer, and this pandemic."
Was that the boss talking? If so, he’s a fucking douche.
Slightly different bullshit than what I got.
Early 2001, finishing a 16month contract out west in UT/ID/WY/WA/OR and us supervisors/managers were promised a $5000 bonus on the $22m contract we just completed. Did the math on payout/expense and of course $5000 was still peanuts being that they cleared over $14m while we made $1500-$1600 a week after taxes.
But even so the corporate greed set in and instead we got excuses and a $500 bonus.
That was insulting and the last time I was employed.

AC-130 Above

WTB: SVT-40
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Newnan
Zip code
Ha! I remember it from back in the day:
”you’re all very valuable, you’re the lifeblood of this company”
meaning
“how can we convince you to continue attempting to prove yourselves by working extra hard at the same pay rate or maybe a slight increase? There will be recognition through a company lunch or dinner at years end, a handshake, pat on the back, doughnuts, cake, even a small bonus check”
Words may have changed/evolved some, but it’s basically always the same bullshit
That’s basically my job now lol

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
I had nothing to work on yesterday. Same thing today and tomorrow. Boss is gone today and tomorrow. 8 hours internet yesterday, 4.5 more hours today and 8 more tomorrow. Death by boredom.
I get it. We are hanging cast iron drain pipe, I’m the guy on the ground doing the cuts.
Other side of the building starts doing leak tests, and finds some, so the guys in the boom vehicle actually hanging the pipe have to go all the way around and fix them...after they wait for the pipes to drain... which takes over an hour. And I have almost nothing to do but stand around and watch, because I was already way ahead cutting pipe.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I get it. We are hanging cast iron drain pipe, I’m the guy on the ground doing the cuts.
Other side of the building starts doing leak tests, and finds some, so the guys in the boom vehicle actually hanging the pipe have to go all the way around and fix them...after they wait for the pipes to drain... which takes over an hour. And I have almost nothing to do but stand around and watch, because I was already way ahead cutting pipe.

You went to that, from installing cabinets?

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Sounds like he was on Happy pills today!!!