Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I've had enough respirator training through MSHA and companies like BASF to tell you with confidence that these masks don't do crap. Well, they keep your fingers out of your nose and mouth, but that's it.

I feel differently, having used them in fuel tanks on the flightline. They helped me out a bunch.

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
You used paper or cloth masks on the flightline?

Well he mentioned respirators. We had rubber respirators with replaceable paper filters but they worked well enough to keep me from breathing in the fumes.

If I didn't wear the respirator, I'd be burping fuel all day and that night I'd wake up with terrible shakes and shivers followed by sweating and burning up. The respirator would keep that from happening to me, so I always wore one.

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
You used paper or cloth masks on the flightline?

Right now they're required to wear face coverings just like I am. I have no idea how you're supposed to do depot-level maintenance on an airframe while wearing a mask, safety glasses and earplugs...Glad to have that behind me although I actually do miss the work and camaraderie

Rabbit2047

NOT Joe Exotic, Ted Nugent, or Joe Dirt
Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA
Right now they're required to wear face coverings just like I am. I have no idea how you're supposed to do depot-level maintenance on an airframe while wearing a mask, safety glasses and earplugs...Glad to have that behind me although I actually do miss the work and camaraderie
I think his point, as well as mine, and illustrated by your anecdote, is that respirators work. Masks don't

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I was checking out this new ZL1 Camaro in the parking lot and a guy drives by in his truck, says to me, "Don't look at it, you'll want to trade yours in!"

I said, "Nah, I can't go to Chevy yet!"

I noticed he's driving a Silverado when he drove away.

I have no idea who he was, I didn't recognize him lmao

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
I was checking out this new ZL1 Camaro in the parking lot and a guy drives by in his truck, says to me, "Don't look at it, you'll want to trade yours in!"

I said, "Nah, I can't go to Chevy yet!"

I noticed he's driving a Silverado when he drove away.

I have no idea who he was, I didn't recognize him lmao
Can you see out the windows?