Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Thoughts on these?

I have something I'm getting to lmao
Honestly man as long as it’s rated and real equipment shouldn’t be a problem. I don’t go cheap on climbing equipment by any means but if the Kn ratings are there I trust them. Make sure it’s listed and labeled as having passed UIAA and CE standards.

Never buy used climbing equipment, never.
If you ever take a fall on your equipment you’re gonna want to trash quite a bit of it after having done its job and buy again.

when you’ve been climbing for awhile and are doing more skilled and dynamic movements you’ll start to discern what styles of Carabiners work better for you and why.

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Who makes that pack?

5-11.
They have a 3-day pack that is supposedly set up for folder AR pistols, but I found it to be HUGE. I wanted something less obvious. This is their 1-day pack that's very similar (has a pocket for H2O bladder), and I added the "admin pouch" to the front area.
YES, it was very fucking expensive - almost $250 IIRC, but I like the damned thing and haven't regretted buying it.

I did have to make one important modification - since my pistol is 10.5" barrel and 21.5" overall folded, the bag wasn't going to hold it without stretching. The bottom panel was going to print badly, showing the muzzle poking almost through the material. So I took 3 pieces of very thick saddle leather, cut a hole in 1 layer about the diameter of my muzzle device, and then glued all 3 together. The hole acts as a retainer, keeping the muzzle in place during carry, while the heavy floor I've added inside the bag spreads the load more evenly across that bottom panel.
4CF64794-89B5-4C0A-B6C5-A2758A8E9376.jpeg
7C1EF62F-9E9A-4894-998B-96D67AC54B95.jpeg
5D23A15D-C3E6-420F-A681-FD17C561152C.jpeg

Jstegman1

Clown Baby
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Da moon
5-11.
They have a 3-day pack that is supposedly set up for folder AR pistols, but I found it to be HUGE. I wanted something less obvious. This is their 1-day pack that's very similar (has a pocket for H2O bladder), and I added the "admin pouch" to the front area.
YES, it was very fucking expensive - almost $250 IIRC, but I like the damned thing and haven't regretted buying it.

I did have to make one important modification - since my pistol is 10.5" barrel and 21.5" overall folded, the bag wasn't going to hold it without stretching. The bottom panel was going to print badly, showing the muzzle poking almost through the material. So I took 3 pieces of very thick saddle leather, cut a hole in 1 layer about the diameter of my muzzle device, and then glued all 3 together. The hole acts as a retainer, keeping the muzzle in place during carry, while the heavy floor I've added inside the bag spreads the load more evenly across that bottom panel.
View attachment 58141
View attachment 58142
View attachment 58143

I have a 5.11 pack too that I got in a trade. It held my M92 with folding brace before I put a muzzle device on it, but then it got too long after muzzle device. Now it holds a Scorpion micro conversion and a crap ton of mags. Great bag, expensive, but great.

CQB27

Kalash Klub Jumpmaster
Oct 14, 2019
Rome
Dropped 300 rounds through the Scorpion today...shot the faux can loose. I'm ordering a new muzzle device tomorrow and canning the faux can. I would have shot more, but had to go to some real work. I changed out the disconnector/trigger springs (HB Industries reduced weight trigger spring kit)....The Best $9.00 On A Gun Part I Have Ever Spent! The trigger went from Hi Point Horrible to Glock like, really a big difference. I'm going to shoot it more tomorrow, another 300-400 rounds! Got some of the $15.00 PSA AKV mags in today. They don't seem quite as sturdy as the black CZ 30 rounders and don't drop free.....but they have steel feed lips and hold 35 rounds. I'm going to break them in tomorrow and see how they run. I really like this thing....purrfect for riding dirty!

CZ Mine.JPG

Edit to add: ZERO MALFUNCTIONS!

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
I have a 5.11 pack too that I got in a trade. It held my M92 with folding brace before I put a muzzle device on it, but then it got too long after muzzle device. Now it holds a Scorpion micro conversion and a crap ton of mags. Great bag, expensive, but great.

Yeah, as you can see, I'm NOT a fan of the 'arm brace'. I consider it to be unnecessarily expensive extra bulk. Laufen tried to GIVE me one a while back, and as you can see, I didn't take it. This little beast I built from scratch has a 5oz buffer in it with a full Carbine spring, and a reduced gas port at the block, so recoil is VERY manageable. It also doesn't get very dirty, unlike most over-gassed ARs.

The guys at the 5.11 shop were SHOCKED that I could fit my gun in this little bag - but they were pretty cool about me testing it out!

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Dropped 300 rounds through the Scorpion today...shot the faux can loose. I'm ordering a new muzzle device tomorrow and canning the faux can. I would have shot more, but had to go to some real work. I changed out the disconnector/trigger springs (HB Industries reduced weight trigger spring kit)....The Best $9.00 On A Gun Part I Have Ever Spent! The trigger went from Hi Point Horrible to Glock like, really a big difference. I'm going to shoot it more tomorrow, another 300-400 rounds! Got some of the $15.00 PSA AKV mags in today. They don't seem quite as sturdy as the black CZ 30 rounders and don't drop free.....but they have steel feed lips and hold 35 rounds. I'm going to break them in tomorrow and see how they run. I really like this thing....purrfect for riding dirty!

View attachment 58140

Edit to add: ZERO MALFUNCTIONS!
Haha I told you that can was gonna come loose!

Axeman

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Haha I told you that can was gonna come loose!
Hey - I've been meaning to replace the shitty slings I have (they were MagPul MS3 cheap knockoffs) ever since one fell apart as I was pulling my pistol from the bag. Someone here mentioned a great sling that wasn't stupid expensive...but I can't recall who or what sling. Maybe it was @Rwjeter ?

Anybody have a recommendation that might ring the bells?

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Hey - I've been meaning to replace the shitty slings I have (they were MagPul MS3 cheap knockoffs) ever since one fell apart as I was pulling my pistol from the bag. Someone here mentioned a great sling that wasn't stupid expensive...but I can't recall who or what sling. Maybe it was @Rwjeter ?

I use the MS4 (I think?) not a knock off but the double QD magpul sling that does 2 point or single point. It’s been good.
Use Vikings tactical 2 point slings as well

not a huge fan of single point unless it’s a small subgun that doesn’t have much real estate for 2 point attachments

CQB27

Kalash Klub Jumpmaster
Oct 14, 2019
Rome
I use the MS4 (I think?) not a knock off but the double QD magpul sling that does 2 point or single point. It’s been good.
Use Vikings tactical 2 point slings as well

not a huge fan of single point unless it’s a small subgun that doesn’t have much real estate for 2 point attachments
Blue Force Gear/Vicking Tactical two point for TMFW! When I rock a sling that's what's on. While the gun is riding in a vehicle and I intend to use it as my grab and go I NEVER have a sling attached. Just saying.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code

Armageddon Gear

J-P

Tracker
Aug 20, 2019
Georgia
5-11.

View attachment 58141
View attachment 58142
View attachment 58143

Thanks. I didn't recognize it because you had the optional admin pack added to the front. I've been carrying the 511 Rush 12 for years (very similar to that one) but sometimes when I'm overseas it just screams a little too tactical with the molly webbing on it so have been looking for something a little toned down but with the same features. Going to add this to the Christmas list.