• Total voters

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
Morning Gents! Got a question for any scope experts @Laufen...

Was shooting decent groups at 100 and 200 with my AK equipped with Primary Arms 1-6. Good rig, everything's tight.

After getting consistent hits, convinced I'm zeroed for deer season, I thought I'd shoot 3 rounds, then start backing up to see if I could hit at 500. Went down range and those last 3 shots were at least 8" high, and not tight.

I went back to rifle, clicked down, back on target. Grabbed a handful of cheap ammo, dumped it into the horizon(just to see if recoil would settle adjustments in), then switched to putting hunting ammo rounds back on target just like before, no problem.

What the hell?????

Last edited:

Axeman

If you can’t laugh at yourself you’re FUKT!!!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Goat Rodeo Clown
Zip code
Morning Gents! Got a question for any scope experts @Laufen...

Was shooting decent groups at 100 and 200 with my AK equipped with Primary Arms 1-6. Good rig, everything's tight.

After getting consistent hits, convinced I'm zeroed for deer season, I thought I'd shoot 3 rounds, then start backing up to see if I could hit at 500. Went down range and those last 3 shots were at least 8" high, and not tight.

I went back to rifle, clicked down, back on target. Grabbed a handful of cheap ammo, dumped it into the horizon, started putting hunting ammo rounds back on target just like before, no problem.

What the hell?????
I’m not familiar with that exact scope, got a couple questions:
Had you changed anything between the 3 shots that were high and the previous groupings? (Distance, ammo, position)

If you moved, Did you adjust parallax?
(Not sure if that scope has that adjustment)

You said you went back to the rifle after checking the target, and ‘clicked down’. You adjusted for the rounds that were high? And then fired some cheap ammo ‘at the horizon’ -does that mean just into the berm, off-target?

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
I’m not familiar with that exact scope, got a couple questions:
Had you changed anything between the 3 shots that were high and the previous groupings? (Distance, ammo, position)

If you moved, Did you adjust parallax?
(Not sure if that scope has that adjustment)

Did not change a single thing. Shots just went up, and random.

I've noticed that rifle will inch groups up as it gets warm, but nothing like that. When I saw those shots, I figured the scope was totaled. I was really surprised it clicked right down and held tight after that.

I plan on taking it back out Monday, but I feel no confidence in that scope right now.