Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

AC-130 Above

WTB: SVT-40
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Newnan
Zip code
Got a phone call last night from a widow whose husband left her a large (30-40 rifles and pistols) collection of Milsurps. She didn't know anything about them, just they were from "The Great War". She wants to donate them to a Museum and needs an appraisal for tax purposes.

So I agreed to help her out.

While I was waiting for her to call me back with the address I started working on that Tabuk Scabbard.

It's gonna be pretty when I finish

View attachment 84661

View attachment 84662 View attachment 84663 View attachment 84664
If they’ve got a SVT-40 laying around that doesn’t go to a museum I’ll raise my hand. It’s Friday gotta couple dollars

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
@Jds556762 what are you having done to that barrel you sent to ADCO?
I just tried to order a "cut/thread" and a "install FSB with taper option" and the FSB/Taper option was unavailable.
I emailed them and got this response from Steve:

"Due to unplanned medical issues we aren't offering most of our shop
service for the next several weeks."

Looks like the simple stuff, like cut/thread and pining low pro GBs, is still available, but the stuff that requires serious shop skills, re-profiling taper drilling, are on hold for now. Just a heads up.
I just ordered having a new low profile gas block drilled and pinned so I hope A. That no one is too sick for too long just for their sake and B. They’re able to get that service done in a timely manner.

That sucksss

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
@Jds556762 what are you having done to that barrel you sent to ADCO?
I just tried to order a "cut/thread" and a "install FSB with taper option" and the FSB/Taper option was unavailable.
I emailed them and got this response from Steve:

"Due to unplanned medical issues we aren't offering most of our shop
service for the next several weeks."

Looks like the simple stuff, like cut/thread and pining low pro GBs, is still available, but the stuff that requires serious shop skills, re-profiling taper drilling, are on hold for now. Just a heads up.
You got a back up option you’re going to send your stuff to?

Reactions: 3x and Jstegman1

Rabbit2047

NOT Joe Exotic, Ted Nugent, or Joe Dirt
Kalash Klub
Jan 3, 2020
Statham, GA
what kinda stuff did she have, always like hearing these "barn find" stories

All the rifles were import marked. Mixmaster H&R garand, 1903, Turkish mauser, carcano, Hex nagant, couple of wartime 1911s in rough shape, S&W victory revolver, and a bunch of junk single shot shotguns and rusted out 22s