• Total voters

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
I have shot 100% of the guns I own. Got a few I won't climb a tree with, but I'll shoot 'em.

My dad picked up a Winchester lever gun, NIB - "Legendary Frontiersman", 38-55. Fancy box, and two fancy boxes of ammo for it. Been in his safe for probably close to 30 years. I told him when he dies I'm gonna kill a deer with that thing. I hope it ain't this year.

Peanut Butter

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Oct 13, 2019
Jupiter
No it isnt worth $2000. Shotguns arent bourbon, they dont rely on quirks of individual taste buds and brain chemistry. A gun can be measured with data points that are not subjective. It's a semi auto shotgun that holds 6 rounds that is reliable. A 1301 is a semi auto shotgun that holds 6 rounds that is reliable. One is $2,000, one is $800. M4 isnt worth the extra cost, unless you find a way to quantify clout
All you need for bourbon is a reusable cup, for shotgun you need ammo that won’t be able to be used again. Your point is valid!

case closed

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
salt water aquariums always seem so cool but then i hear the horror stories about maintenance and what can go wrong

I did something dumb and stirred up way too much sand when I was trying to eradicate a bunch of aiptasia. Caused a huge ammonia spike. My tank has crashed. I lost all my fish and inverts except for one shrimp and one fish. I got them in my brother's tank in the nick of time. Like they weren't even moving at all, gills, nothing, when I got over there. Looks like they are making a full recovery.

Blue bio balls

Hurt me, but make me feel gay at the same time
Sep 5, 2018
Flowery Branch
Zip code
I did something dumb and stirred up way too much sand when I was trying to eradicate a bunch of aiptasia. Caused a huge ammonia spike. My tank has crashed. I lost all my fish and inverts except for one shrimp and one fish. I got them in my brother's tank in the nick of time. Like they weren't even moving at all, gills, nothing, when I got over there. Looks like they are making a full recovery.
damn it...sorry th hear.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
all that can happen by just moving some rocks?

The sand being stirred up is mainly what did it. The sand holds all the decaying matter, ammonia, etc and I stirred all of it up. I hit parts of my rock with hot tap water to kill the aiptasia, and I probably introduced too much tap water into the system also. I've done it here and there without any negative effects but this time I went all out and it was just too much. My aiptasia were out of control and I just went after them too aggressively. I bought fish, shrimp, inverts, nudibranchs...all to combat aiptasia and none of it worked. Was tired of throwing money at it.

cbh13

Millennial Supreme
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2016
Auburn
Zip code
The sand being stirred up is mainly what did it. The sand holds all the decaying matter, ammonia, etc and I stirred all of it up. I hit parts of my rock with hot tap water to kill the aiptasia, and I probably introduced too much tap water into the system also. I've done it here and there without any negative effects but this time I went all out and it was just too much. My aiptasia were out of control and I just went after them too aggressively. I bought fish, shrimp, inverts, nudibranchs...all to combat aiptasia and none of it worked. Was tired of throwing money at it.

damn man that sounds super frustrating