Faktory 47

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
I absolutely hate that it has to be this way.

I really don't have it that bad, the stepdaughter and the MIL, take little jabs at each other with snarky comments, it's really petty. After we do lunch, I think the wife and I will sit on the deck and drink beer and enjoy the rest of the day.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
$50 fish, I had a hard time with the 1st one because he was bullied because of the other fish being territorial. When I set up this new tank, no fish had established dominance so it was a good time to add one again. All good this time. Until the tank got to 71 degrees.

Miles

Ninja
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 20, 2016
NW GA
So I have some questions. Last night power came off and on for about an hour straight. I believe we lost one leg for about 10 minutes because some of the the lights would come on and others wouldn't. The stove and microwave was off. Would the generator come on if you only lose half? Or if the power keeps flickering, would the generator in turn keep trying to come on and off? I'm assuming we're talking about an automatic generator here.
I am not electrician, so I could be wrong.
I think with an automatic switch yout whole house would be disconnected from line power and switched to the genetator.
I plan om installing a manual switch. My generator would be inside the house, when not in use, so automatic switch does not matter to me.

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I am not electrician, so I could be wrong.
I think with an automatic switch yout whole house would be disconnected from line power and switched to the genetator.
I plan om installing a manual switch. My generator would be inside the house, when not in use, so automatic switch does not matter to me.
I gotcha. My entire life, I've lost power 2 times that it wasn't restored within an hour or so. Today and back around 2010. Makes it hard for me to justify a generator. But I've been thinking about it.

3x

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
The Diddle Shack
Zip code
I gotcha. My entire life, I've lost power 2 times that it wasn't restored within an hour or so. Today and back around 2010. Makes it hard for me to justify a generator. But I've been thinking about it.
When I lived in California it was pretty common to lose power for a while. Lost power for 2.5 days. It was really nice having a generator for that one.

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
When I lived in California it was pretty common to lose power for a while. Lost power for 2.5 days. It was really nice having a generator for that one.
I know people out in the sticks that lose power like that kind of frequently. They have generators for that reason and I would too. Cali has rolling blackouts I believe? I don't know how you did it man. Cali has some great things but they have some terrible things at the same time

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net

I've been thinking about this giant battery banks Generac has. It won't run indefinitely like a whole house generator, but will get through outages. Cheaper too.