Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
They sent an email a second ago apologizing for the errors... and extending the sale to 24 hours.
@#$%$^&^%%$#'s better, I just blew up my friggin mouse trying to click on my damn cart every 2 miliseconds!!!

But seriously, I'm stuck at a checkout screen; I have the PL-2 Valkyrie and the M2r along with the free H1 Nova showing in my cart, but it gives me the spinning wheel of death under acct & billing details

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
It's okay to switch from beer to liquor in events like these ... yes?

Reactions: Shemp

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Just FYI, Olight's customer service is still answering calls (I didn't realize they were based in GA.....)

The lady that took my call was very apologetic and assured me that the PL2 sale had been extended another 24hrs.

That's some pretty badass CS right thar (especially since they're in GA and it was after 20:30 when I called) .... gotta give them some props on tht

Reactions: Shemp

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Okay, so after the website cooled down a bit, I was able to finalize my order.

PL-2 Valkyrie was $59.97 after 40% off
M2R Warrior was $99.95
H1 Nova head lamp = $0.00 due to order being over $150
Shipping = $0.00
Grand total = $159.92

I'm gonna call that a pretty good deal & @dial1911 gets all the credit for hooking an SET brotha up with his sale email info!

Good lookin-out, sir :yo:

Reactions: SouthernSlammed

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Posting up additional info on some recently delivered Olight products:

Retrieved from the mailbox today (I ordered on 4/13, shipping label shows it shipped 4/23, I rcvd a day or 2 later I think (I was out of town).

20180426_171715.jpg

Some quick initial impressions and comparisons .... FWIW:

lights.jpg

Top to bottom:
1. ZanFlare (That @Hayata turned me onto) - 1240 claimed lumens - listed here on Amazon for $36 ... so far, it's been holding up nicely, but has not seen any moisture or heavy-duty use to-date.

2. Fenix PD35 (2014 edition)- 960 lumens - been to hell and back as my EDC

3. Olight S30R Baton III - 1050 Lumens - nice and compact, but the circuitry requires multiple clicks to hit certain modes.

4. Recently purchased Olight MR2 Warrior - 1500 Lumens - untested as of yet, see below:

5. Recently purchased Olight PL-2 Valkyrie weapon light - 1200 Lumens - see info below...

6. Free with recent purchase Olight H1 Nova Head lamp - 500 lumens - see info below

Comments & comparisons:

I caught the Olight flash sale for the PL-2 Valkyrie (Thanks to @dial1911) when shopping for a M2R Warrior; as part of the order, I received a H1 Nova for free due to the flash-sale promotion.

The PL-2 Valkyrie was recently reviewed by @SouthernSlammed here, I don't have much to add other than to say that:
1. It ships with 2 standard CR123A batteries (but RCR123A rechargeables are available in 2 versions from Olight).
2. There is no onboard / quick charging - if you elect to use rechargeable, you have to remove the batteries for charging.
3. The only dislike I have is that you have to depress both the left and right switches of the unit simultaneously to activate the strobe function (no one-hand activation).
4. No remote pressure-switch available (Olight does market a pressure switch add-on for their single-cell lights, but not for the Valkyrie models)

Other than that, the 1200 lumen claim seems about right when compared to several of my other beams in the 900-1500 lumen range.

Next up, the MR2 Warrior, 1500 claimed lumens, a little shorter than my PD35, but just a hair larger in circumference. My biggest complaint is the circuitry (requiring extra clicks to hit certain modes with 2 buttons - see pic below referencing mode toggling).

While I haven't had a chance to take it out to test its beam/throw compared to other lights, it only seems marginally brighter indoors during quick comparisons (certainly not significantly / 500 lumens brighter by any means).

20180426_213505.jpg

Lastly, the free H1 Nova; well ... it was free, so I can't complain much; the 500 lumens seems about right based on the diffused lens it uses, and if you're up underneath a car or doing up-close work, the diffused beam is good. It's Small and light-weight, fully adjustable and also comes with a clip so you can take it out of the head band and use it as a mini pocket torch.

My only complaint is that it comes standard with CR123a's, however, you can purchase the rechargeable RCR123a's or the Olight "rechargeable kit" for this unit, which is nice ..... wish they offered something similar for the PL-2 Valkyrie, but I digress...

In summation, Olight does make some good stuff, but their circuitry requires additional clicks to get through the programmed modes, IE: find "turbo" or "strobe" and other settings. To be fair, the ZanFlare also requires extra clicks .... I guess I've just been spoiled by Fenix with their one-touch full mode.

Anyway, hope that info helps.

Best regards,

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
I should do a write up on the x7r once I've messed with it a little more.

First impressions:
For 99.999% of uses, the 7k and 12k modes are overkill. 3000 lumens is very friggin bright. 7k makes people jump back a bit and 12k is just ridiculous. Also, it gets hot as shit, fast, on 12k.
The strobe appears to strobe at 3k and could very easily disorient the fuck out of someone looking at it.
Charging is simple, twist the tail cap to expose the port and plug it in. Red LEDs around the port indicate charging, green indicates charged. Charging takes 3ish hours and it included the wall adapter and cable.

The button glows when the flashlight is moved. I thought it was a little stupid at first, but it's actually pretty damn nice .

The lanyard is 550 cord and as such pretty stout, the holster was a bit underwhelming.

On the plus side, if the headlights blow out on the Rover, I can just duct tape this thing to the hood .

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I should do a write up on the x7r once I've messed with it a little more.

First impressions:
For 99.999% of uses, the 7k and 12k modes are overkill. 3000 lumens is very friggin bright. 7k makes people jump back a bit and 12k is just ridiculous. Also, it gets hot as shit, fast, on 12k.
The strobe appears to strobe at 3k and could very easily disorient the fuck out of someone looking at it.
Charging is simple, twist the tail cap to expose the port and plug it in. Red LEDs around the port indicate charging, green indicates charged. Charging takes 3ish hours and it included the wall adapter and cable.

The button glows when the flashlight is moved. I thought it was a little stupid at first, but it's actually pretty damn nice .

The lanyard is 550 cord and as such pretty stout, the holster was a bit underwhelming.

On the plus side, if the headlights blow out on the Rover, I can just duct tape this thing to the hood .

I saw that Olight had an X9 Marauder rated @25,000 lumens advertised on one of their sites, but when you click on the ad, it gives you a bad link .... maybe somebody sued for having their retinas seared to their eyesocket and they had to take it down for liability reasons?? :noidea:

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
I saw that Olight had an X9 Marauder rated @25,000 lumens, advertised on one of their sites, but when you click on the ad, it gives you a bad link .... maybe somebody sued for having their retinas seared to their eyesocket?? :noidea:
That thing has been rumored to be coming soon for 2 friggin years...

Reactions: AirOpsMgr

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
That thing has been rumored to be coming soon for 2 friggin years...
I could see the appeal of frying an egg on your flashlight during a tactical ops. I wonder if it comes with a Nomex glove to hold it

Reactions: 1776

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
@AirOpsMgr you forgot to review the best of them all the i3e.

Also would you recommend the pl-2 valkyrie?
I haven't opened the i3e yet ... I guess I'll go grab it and see whats what.

As for the pl-2 Valkyrie, I'm not sure I'm qualified to give a "recommendation" for any weapon light .... but I will say, the 1200 lumens it puts out is awfully strong for anyone with white walls in their house.

I'll try to put it up against some other beams in the next few days

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
As for the pl-2 Valkyrie, I'm not sure I'm qualified to give a "recommendation" for any weapon light .... but I will say, the 1200 lumens it puts out is awfully strong for anyone with white walls in their house.

I'll try to put it up against some other beams in the next few days
That's one of the reasons I think I'm gonna go with a PL MINI....and the mini has built in batteries with a magnetic charge cable so you don't have to take the light off to charge. You can just throw the gun on the nightstand and charge it and it's ready to go should you need it quick .

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
@AirOpsMgr you forgot to review the best of them all the i3e.
First impression report:

I opened the package, inserted the included battery (Some shit called Greenmax Super Alkalie) and it didn't work.

I then grabbed a new Energizer AAA and it turned on ....