Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Thanks fellas. Keep an eye out for one for sale

I'll sell you my TLR-1S. I am probably gonna get a TLR-7 for the P-07 and either a Surefire X300 Ultra or a TLR-1HL for the SP-01.

Reactions: KhyberPass

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Lastly, the ZebraLight SC600W IV plus, claimed at 2300Lm

Centered:
View attachment 41761

Lower edge of beam:
View attachment 41762

Again, hard to tell since the beam is as diffused as it is....
Looks like it is the Zebra for the win. Looking forward to the test with high drain battery. Also, interested to see how hot it gets on HO setting for 3 mins if battery will last that long.

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Looks like it is the Zebra for the win. Looking forward to the test with high drain battery. Also, interested to see how hot it gets on HO setting for 3 mins if battery will last that long.
Those Zebra Pics were with a high discharge 18650 installed (I waited until I got one charged up before I did that comparison for @Jake)

Obviously, the camera doesn't capture the real view ... The camera doesn't show a good rendition of the beam temperature ... of all the lights shown above, the only one at 4500K was the Zebra, all the others were well above 4500K, but hard to tell in the pics

I haven't had a chance to do a full drain on the battery yet, if I get a spare minute, I'll check it out and post results

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
So I ran it for a couple of hours, the only problem is that it steps down so smoothly that you can't identify the transition points.

My next test will be to run it against a couple of other lights at the same time and see when it drops below their claimed Lms. ...

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I am looking at some higher mAH batteries for my Olight. I found some 2500 mAH CR123A on Amazon for a great price. 4 plus charger for 21$ or so which ain't bad. The supplied battery is only 750 mAH. Anyone else try a higher rated battery replacement?

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I am looking at some higher mAH batteries for my Olight. I found some 2500 mAH CR123A on Amazon for a great price. 4 plus charger for 21$ or so which ain't bad. The supplied battery is only 750 mAH. Anyone else try a higher rated battery replacement?
I haven't tried anything above the regular 3.7v 650 mAh RCRs that I got from Olight for my head lamp (it came with 3v 1600mAh non rechargeable 123a's) .... you dont need to worry about the amp hrs, just the voltage

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I haven't tried anything above the regular 3.7v 650 mAh RCRs that I got from Olight for my head lamp (it came with 3v 1600mAh non rechargeable 123a's) .... you dont need to worry about the amp hrs, just the voltage
I figure a higher mAH rated battery might last longer. 1200 mAH is almost double the stock 650mAH battery. 3.7V is 3.7V. Found a great deal in a 4 pack with charger for 14$. I figure if no better at least I have 4 spares charges and ready. Been using and the hell out of it at work and need a little more run time.

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I figure a higher mAH rated battery might last longer. 1200 mAH is almost double the stock 650mAH battery. 3.7V is 3.7V. Found a great deal in a 4 pack with charger for 14$. I figure if no better at least I have 4 spares charges and ready. Been using and the hell out of it at work and need a little more run time.
Yeah, the higher the mAh, the longer it will run, but they come in different voltages, so you need to make sure you don't fry your torch.

Check out candlepowerforum, do a search for 16340 batteries (same as a Rechargeable CR123A), they'll probably have a listing of best batteries, highest available, which are protected vs unprotected, etc...

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Yeah, the higher the mAh, the longer it will run, but they come in different voltages, so you need to make sure you don't fry your torch.

Check out candlepowerforum, do a search for 16340 batteries (same as a Rechargeable CR123A), they'll probably have a listing of best batteries, highest available, which are protected vs unprotected, etc...
Cool. Thanks for the link. These are protected that I am looking at but will definitely check out the forum before purchase.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I've been carrying my copper S1R II since I got it just after Thanksgiving. Today I noticed that the battery indicator was red as I was about to leave the house so I threw it on the charger and grabbed my regular black model S1R II and realized just how freakin heavy the copper model is compared to the standard model. That got me curious as to the difference between the two and since I don't have a scale that'll measure anything less than 1lb I decided to look on the Olight website. The Olight website says that the standard version is 1.8oz vs 2.2oz on the copper model but I don't believe that at all. The copper version feels at least 3x heavier than the standard version. It's not a huge difference in the S1R II model but it made me glad that I didn't get the copper model M2R Warrior.

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
I've been carrying my copper S1R II since I got it just after Thanksgiving. Today I noticed that the battery indicator was red as I was about to leave the house so I threw it on the charger and grabbed my regular black model S1R II and realized just how freakin heavy the copper model is compared to the standard model. That got me curious as to the difference between the two and since I don't have a scale that'll measure anything less than 1lb I decided to look on the Olight website. The Olight website says that the standard version is 1.8oz vs 2.2oz on the copper model but I don't believe that at all. The copper version feels at least 3x heavier than the standard version. It's not a huge difference in the S1R II model but it made me glad that I didn't get the copper model M2R Warrior.
If the copper gets too heavy, send it my way. If I won the lottery, I'd get one of the copper M2R as well. Yeah, they're heavier, but I'll give up something else. Heck, if I'm really worried about weight, I should just lose some. I've got plenty extra and it don't even light up. :noidea: