BCM rifle quality, durability, accuracy?

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Shit I may just order it then. I have time but with my luck ill sit around for months and theyll decide to never post any more lol
Do it, Do it, Do it, Do it.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Our grandchildren will have all been taught to hate guns. Our rifle barrels will end up being cucumber trellises.
hahahahah what the hell Laufen.. Of ALLLLL the things you chose a freaking cucumber trellis

edit: i had to google it

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Ahh ok I think yall convinced me. Im still also debating throwing that sionics barrel on this gun.

Im unfortunately still not 100% how im going to deal with the excess gas. The last thing I want to do is have to swap barrels myself. I dont have the tools or knowledge. If I did go sionics id be far better off just building one from the ground up instead of buying a complete upper. Building a gun is hard lol...
IF you had an Aero Precision enhanced upper, you could swap it in your sleep. That's part of the reason I bought one.

Reactions: Leshaire

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
hahahahah what the hell Laufen.. Of ALLLLL the things you chose a freaking cucumber trellis

edit: i had to google it
I just got in from watering the garden, lol.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Ahh ok I think yall convinced me. Im still also debating throwing that sionics barrel on this gun.

Im unfortunately still not 100% how im going to deal with the excess gas. The last thing I want to do is have to swap barrels myself. I dont have the tools or knowledge. If I did go sionics id be far better off just building one from the ground up instead of buying a complete upper. Building a gun is hard lol...
I can always put it together for you. As far as gas goes, the Sionics barrel is really good, meaning it's not bad at all. And it will run just about any ammo I've thrown at it, so it's not ported so small that it's ammo sensitive.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Wow... that was easy... Do you have to have their barrel though?
Wow... that was easy... Do you have to have their barrel though?
Nope, just the barrel nut that comes with the receiver. And the receiver is extra beefy around the barrel. That stiffness sure won't hurt accuracy.
Their barrels are made by Ballistic Advantage, actually Aero bought them to make their barrels. They are pretty decent from what I gather. I'll shoot it saturday.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I can always put it together for you. As far as gas goes, the Sionics barrel is really good, meaning it's not bad at all. And it will run just about any ammo I've thrown at it, so it's not ported so small that it's ammo sensitive.
I really wouldnt mind going that route. I just dont trust myself to assemble a rifle that I would plan to protect my life with. I really dont trust people in my LGS either to be honest...

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Nope, just the barrel nut that comes with the receiver.
Their barrels are made by Ballistic Advantage, actually Aero bought them to make their barrels. They are pretty decent from what I gather. I'll shoot it saturday.
Isnt Aero kinda budget ish though? Trying to go mid to high ish end here really. NOT that i want to waste money, so dont get me wrong. But looking for quality.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Isnt Aero kinda budget ish though? Trying to go mid to high ish end here really. NOT that i want to waste money, so dont get me wrong. But looking for quality.
Price wise they are middle of the road, but quality wise the thing is fucking fantastic. I've never owned an AR upper that's built as well. The bastards make parts for Boeing, so they're doing something right. I can't find any faults with it so far, it's just very lightweight, very robust, and well put together.

One thing, it's NOT a chrome lined barrel, but I didn't want one.

Reactions: Leshaire

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Price wise they are middle of the road, but quality wise the thing is fucking fantastic. I've never owned an AR upper that's built as well. The bastards make parts for Boeing, so they're doing something right. I can't find any faults with it so far, it's just very lightweight, very robust, and well put together.

One thing, it's NOT a chrome lined barrel, but I didn't want one.
On their site poking around now...

Oh and i wont be using their barrel anyways likely if I go that route.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I'm sure they are, I just like options.
Yeah, I get that too. I just really dig the extra material around the barrel nut, and the increased stiffness as a result......also the ease of switching barrels. Handguards are that important to me though. Once I find one that's ok, that's what I stick with.

Hell, I might get a 300 blk barrel just in case I get the urge to try it out. It's about a 10 minute swap.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I'm sure they are, I just like options.
Fuck it, Sionics barrel it is... Stupid ass question: Do I need the FSB & Barrel nut? Not sure whether that nut is barrel specific or upper specific. Id think itd come with an upper... Sorry for ignorance.

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
Fuck it, Sionics barrel it is... Stupid ass question: Do I need the FSB & Barrel nut? Not sure whether that nut is barrel specific or upper specific. Id think itd come with an upper... Sorry for ignorance.
Do you want an fsb? Some rails come with their own barrel nut, so it depends.