BCM rifle quality, durability, accuracy?

GA Firing Line

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
I thought about form 1ing a lower today but I did a really poor job of trust name picking. I let my software use me and the wife's full names. I'd need one of the Chinese rice painters to engrave the lower.
Thought you said in another post that you filed today.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Check around, a few places had them in stock this weekend. Try AIM Surplus and Primary Arms.
Was trying to save on shipping by getting everything from them but looks like I will have to go elsewhere.

The good thing is I have 4-5 more months wait time anyways...

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Just get the standard barrel. It's equivalent to a Colt milspec and will last a couple of lifetimes for most shooters.
I am thinking about it. I really wanted to go big (for me lol) or go home on this rifle. Its gonna be my go to like we were talking about earlier in here.

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
I am thinking about it. I really wanted to go big (for me lol) or go home on this rifle. Its gonna be my go to like we were talking about earlier in here.

We're not talking ok versus good. This is really nice versus really, really nice. There will be no issues with passing either to you're grandchildren.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
I know. But I really don't think you're giving anything up with the standard barrel. I used to think I needed HF, but the truth is unless you own a select fire lower, you'll never see a difference. Even then, I haven't seen any empirical evidence that the HF barrels last longer. And the BCM standard barrels have pretty good accuracy for a chrome lined milspec barrel.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
We're not talking ok versus good. This is really nice versus really, really nice. There will be no issues with passing either to you're grandchildren.
Shit I may just order it then. I have time but with my luck ill sit around for months and theyll decide to never post any more lol

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Our grandchildren will have all been taught to hate guns. Our rifle barrels will end up being cucumber trellises.

Reactions: Leshaire

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I know. But I really don't think you're giving anything up with the standard barrel. I used to think I needed HF, but the truth is unless you own a select fire lower, you'll never see a difference. Even then, I haven't seen any empirical evidence that the HF barrels last longer. And the BCM standard barrels have pretty good accuracy for a chrome lined milspec barrel.
Ahh ok I think yall convinced me. Im still also debating throwing that sionics barrel on this gun.

Im unfortunately still not 100% how im going to deal with the excess gas. The last thing I want to do is have to swap barrels myself. I dont have the tools or knowledge. If I did go sionics id be far better off just building one from the ground up instead of buying a complete upper. Building a gun is hard lol...