BCM rifle quality, durability, accuracy?

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Mine is a complete BCM upper. Fit and finish is great. Shipping was fast, ordered on a Thursday and had it in my hands on Tuesday. Mine in on a PSA lower but I plan to get a complete BCM lower eventually.
Nice, this one will be 95% BCM. Just on an anderson lower and LMT carrier.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I love me some BCM. I traded off a BCM mid length lightweight BFH upper two months ago for something I had to have, and I've been regretting it for 60 days. (Stupid Stupid Me!)

What are the odds that this will be your "go to" AR? If those odds are high, then BFH all-the-way.

If you're not sure and this may end up as trade bait later this year, then I would save the $80.
This will for sure be my go to. Ill sack up and spend the extra dough in that case.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
As @DarthVader noted, you really cannot go wrong. Knock on wood, I think BCM is THE lowest QC issue company I have seen sell AR's. I really cannot remember the last time I ever heard anyone complaining about one of their products in terms of not working/out of spec.
Exactly what I was hoping to hear!

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Here's mine

BCM 14.5 mid-length, BCM BCG, BFH barrel 13" BCM KMR alpha Keymod rail, BCM QD attachment (came with upper), BCM stubby foregrip, BCM rail panels, BCM light mount, BCM gunfighter charging handle, BCM QD endplate is waiting to be put on. If you can't tell I like BCM. The quality far exceeds the price.

View attachment 17319
View attachment 17317

View attachment 17318
Very nice sir! I'll likely be making an order today. Not that I can assemble it for a few more months lol

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Do you already have the anderson lower? If not, I'd consider simething else.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Yeas and Form 1d it already. Why do you say that?
I've just heard stories on other forums about them occasionally being out of spec. It's why I decided on aero precision. Incredible attention to detail, and mid priced.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I've just heard stories on other forums about them occasionally being out of spec. It's why I decided on aero precision. Incredible attention to detail, and mid priced.
Well son of a bitch. I researched and didn't see any issues with them. Maybe I'll see about snagging a different one. But I gotta do it like today lol...

Sent from my Obamaphone on Tapatalk

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Well son of a bitch. I researched and didn't see any issues with them. Maybe I'll see about snagging a different one. But I gotta do it like today lol...

I don't think I'd worry about it. They received some bad press about it and I think they probably got it taken care of I wouldn't worry about it. Just spooked me a little bit and its why haven't bought any of their stuff.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I don't think I'd worry about it. They received some bad press about it and I think they probably got it taken care of I wouldn't worry about it. Just spooked me a little bit and its why haven't bought any of their stuff.
Yeah that kinda freaks me out honestly. This is gonna be my go to. I went Anderson since I was able to get it in a trade and not come out of pocket. I didn't think lowers were ever really better or worse by brand. Just a chuck of metal.

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
Yeah that kinda freaks me out honestly. This is gonna be my go to. I went Anderson since I was able to get it in a trade and not come out of pocket. I didn't think lowers were ever really better or worse by brand. Just a chuck of metal.

I think in the last couple of years with ARs flooding the market there have to be some with QC issues getting through.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code

You're right, as long as the holes are in the right place, magwell and fcg pocket are correct dimensions and screw holes are the correct depth. That seems like a low bar to clear, but it appears some weren't.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
You're right, as long as the holes are in the right place, magwell and fcg pocket are correct dimensions and screw holes are the correct depth. That seems like a low bar to clear, but it appears some weren't.
Yeah and for some reason I am not surprised.

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code

Best thing to do is build it really quick and function test it.

So far, I have had one Anderson with a lot of excess anodizing I had to clear out, and I saw several threads on other site where the bolt catch roll pin hole never even got drilled.

Also, my Noveske gen 1 lower had two issues even though it "appeared" ok.

1) front pivot pin hole was undersized. I had to ream it out carefully to get it to function (appeared to be heavy anodizing).

2) the trigger guard holes were off .001-.002. Enough that I had to file the BCM trigger guard for it to fit.

Reactions: Leshaire

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Best thing to do is build it really quick and function test it.

So far, I have had one Anderson with a lot of excess anodizing I had to clear out, and I saw several threads on other site where the bolt catch roll pin hole never even got drilled.

Also, my Noveske gen 1 lower had two issues even though it "appeared" ok.

1) front pivot pin hole was undersized. I had to team it out carefully to get it to function (appeared to be heavy anodizing).

2) the trigger guard hole were off .001-.002. Enough that I had to file the BCM trigger guard for it to fit.
Well fuck thats far less than ideal lol... id essentially have to buy a lpk, stock and assembly, trigger etc just to test it. And all that would be a waste since the parts i actually want probably wont all be in stores. Id likely be buying crap just to not use it in the long run lol... Stupid ass 41F.

Now yall have me debating snagging a quality lower today and form 1 ing it tonight or tomorrow... Can I cancel an exiting form 1?