BCM rifle quality, durability, accuracy?

American Revival Apparel Company

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Anyone here have a BCM? I've heard nothing but great things and think I may go BCM for my suppressed 5.56 SBR setup. The one I am looking at is:

BCM Standard Carbine Enhanced Lightweight Upper Receiver Group
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-...per-Rec-p/bcm-urg-11elw-kmr-a-10.htm?CartID=2

Oddly enough the non lightweight model is the same price, but no noticeable difference between the two whatsoever. Anyone know whats the difference is here? Simply a thinner, and therefore lighter, barrel?

BCM Standard Carbine Upper Receiver Group
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-...er-Receiver-Group-w-p/bcm-urg-11-kmr-a-10.htm

On that note, is the BCM BFH Carbine Upper Receiver Group worth the extra $80? Looks like maybe this one has a cold hammer forged barrel and the others are not
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-...ver-Group-w-BCM-p/bcm-urg-11-bfh-kmr-a-10.htm

If I go this route, I will probably snag the BCM LPK and stock kit. I will also likely opt out of a bolt carrier and go with the LMT enhanced carrier since it will be suppressed. The bolt itself will be BCM though. Then probably a Black River Tactical custom tune gas port with the intention of dwindling precariously on the precipice of enough gas to cycle unsuppressed, yet not too much to have shit in my face and the BCG moving at mach 10.

This will essentially be a full BCM minus an Anderson lower and LMT bolt carrier. The can is a Rugged Surge 30 cal.

Of course something for the eye to appreciate...

Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 2.28.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 2.28.51 PM.png

Last edited:

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Top Tier as far as a non-boutique brand goes. I had one of their uppers a few years back and it was flawless. The attention to detail seemed to be above average, and quality of parts seemed to be top shelf. @AtlMedic has one.

As far as accuracy, I'd assume good, but mine was just a cinder block blaster.

Reactions: Leshaire

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Can't go wrong with BCM. But I'd recommend the KMR-A model or just get one without a rail. The new Centurion CMR rails are excellent and available in keymod or mlok.

Reactions: Leshaire

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Mine is a complete BCM upper. Fit and finish is great. Shipping was fast, ordered on a Thursday and had it in my hands on Tuesday. Mine in on a PSA lower but I plan to get a complete BCM lower eventually.

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
I love me some BCM. I traded off a BCM mid length lightweight BFH upper two months ago for something I had to have, and I've been regretting it for 60 days. (Stupid Stupid Me!)

What are the odds that this will be your "go to" AR? If those odds are high, then BFH all-the-way.

If you're not sure and this may end up as trade bait later this year, then I would save the $80.

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
As @DarthVader noted, you really cannot go wrong. Knock on wood, I think BCM is THE lowest QC issue company I have seen sell AR's. I really cannot remember the last time I ever heard anyone complaining about one of their products in terms of not working/out of spec.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Here's mine

BCM 14.5 mid-length, BCM BCG, BFH barrel 13" BCM KMR alpha Keymod rail, BCM QD attachment (came with upper), BCM stubby foregrip, BCM rail panels, BCM light mount, BCM gunfighter charging handle, BCM QD endplate is waiting to be put on. If you can't tell I like BCM. The quality far exceeds the price.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Here's mine

BCM 14.5 mid-length, BCM BCG, BFH barrel 13" BCM KMR alpha Keymod rail, BCM QD attachment (came with upper), BCM stubby foregrip, BCM rail panels, BCM light mount, BCM gunfighter charging handle, BCM QD endplate is waiting to be put on. If you can't tell I like BCM. The quality far exceeds the price.

View attachment 17319
View attachment 17317

View attachment 17318
Is the charging handle worth the $$ Been considering one. Did you get the medium?

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
I have the BCM charging handle on every AR except for my retro build. Worth it...but I like to wait for a sale to save $5 or $10.

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
Is the charging handle worth the $$ Been considering one. Did you get the medium?
IMHO, the Mod 4 BCH CH is the best value CH out right now. Simple design, solid, and is a major improvement, especially if you have a scope mounted (makes it much easier to use).

The mod 5 is too small, and the mod 3 is HUGE! I guess if you have a large NV optic mounted, the mod 3 would be helpful, but for 90% of optics, the mod 4 is just perfect.

Reactions: Laufen

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
I have one mod 5, one mod 3 and numerous mod 4s. Like Wallace said, the 4 is just about perfect.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Top Tier as far as a non-boutique brand goes. I had one of their uppers a few years back and it was flawless. The attention to detail seemed to be above average, and quality of parts seemed to be top shelf. @AtlMedic has one.

As far as accuracy, I'd assume good, but mine was just a cinder block blaster.
Nice, thats exactly what I was hoping to hear. I cant stand how flashy, and pricey, most ar companies are nowadays.