Ruger is releasing a new polymer handgun

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Honest question... Why not just get one of these.
View attachment 12180

Can't quite tell- is that an Canik? or however you spell it...

I don't have a good answer, other than the typical "buy American" or whatever.

I've had good experiences with Ruger pistols. But (aside from .22) I haven't owned one of their semi-autos since the old P90 I still have. Shot my first USPSA matches with the P90. Aside from being heavy as an anchor, that was a great hand gun. I'd like to think they're still up to that level of functionality with a nod to feel and mag capacity.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
Can't quite tell- is that an Canik? or however you spell it...

I don't have a good answer, other than the typical "buy American" or whatever.

I've had good experiences with Ruger pistols. But (aside from .22) I haven't owned one of their semi-autos since the old P90 I still have. Shot my first USPSA matches with the P90. Aside from being heavy as an anchor, that was a great hand gun. I'd like to think they're still up to that level of functionality with a nod to feel and mag capacity.

Yea, it's the Canik. It is in the same price point as the Ruger, and based off the CZ platform, I find that a hard combo to beat... It would be my "beater" hand gun & a "loaner" for people going to the range w/ me... And if it shot very well, it just might replace my G21 & G17 as my SHTF gun!! :eek:

Kobayashi

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
It appears to be roughly the same footprint and thickness as a CZ P07, and selling at the same price point. If the Ruger trigger isn't what it needs to be the CZ will remain the better choice.

Waterguy

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
North Georgia
Zip code
Looks like the going price is 417. I went and fondled one at a lgs. My impressions of are as follows: seems a bit top heavy but the grip angle makes up for it. The grip is well done very smith M&P ish. The trigger in one word, awesome! Very very crisp. Much better than any of the other polymer guns out there now. I might have to pick one of these up.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I will definitely be keeping an eye on these. I'm going to wait until they have been on the market for a few months before I pick one up though. I'm in the market for another semi auto 9mm and I am going to be on a budget with the new baby.

Reactions: Waterguy

Buckeye76

Frontiersman
Mar 27, 2015
Georgia
Anyone handled one that has handled an SR series Ruger? What is the main difference that jumped out at you?

Waterguy

Woodsman
Trusted Trader
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
North Georgia
Zip code
Anyone handled one that has handled an SR series Ruger? What is the main difference that jumped out at you?

The smoothness and tightness of the slide. The trigger is sooooo much better. I tell ya that trigger is gonna sell these thing. Ya'll need to go check these out.

Reactions: Strider12

Buckeye76

Frontiersman
Mar 27, 2015
Georgia
The smoothness and tightness of the slide. The trigger is sooooo much better. I tell ya that trigger is gonna sell these thing. Ya'll need to go check these out.

I'm sure one will be mine once the 40 comes out. Hope the prices on the sr's drop a bit more. I'll pick up a few of the full size.

Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
That's interesting to hear. I have read a couple other reviews saying the trigger was the worst part of the gun. They said it was not smooth and has to come all the way back out to reset. Time will tell I guess.

Reactions: DarthVader