Ruger is releasing a new polymer handgun

GA Firing Line

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Heck, I don't mind the way it looks at all- however keep in mind I shoot and carry Glocks on a regular basis.

I'll definitely handle in if I see it in a local store. And may end up buying one of them.
It's a far sight better looking than a Glock. At least they attempted to make it somewhat ergonomic. Or maybe Austrians have square hands.

Reactions: dial1911

boss_hawg

Marksman
Jul 13, 2015
Zip code
This new pistol looks like a Sig Pro boned a hi-point after a night of heavy drinking.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
It's a far sight better looking than a Glock. At least they attempted to make it somewhat ergonomic. Or maybe Austrians have square hands.

Gotta agree- at least some of the lines are blended. I'm interested in handling one. I've finally learned not to judge based on pictures and appearances. I hope the bore axis is lower than it appears... I'm way too used to shooting Glocks and like the barrel close to my hands.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Guess they feel that since it is called the Roger American it will sell. Kinda looks like a rounded edge hi point to me. No thanks.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
The more I look at it, the more I think this thing resembles the Styer M9 I had for awhile and traded/sold. Neat enough pistol, but I didn't want to have to buy mags for something different (read: non-Glock 9mm). Clearly, I have not learned my lesson and I'm still thinking the new Ruger might be worth a shot.

Reactions: Red Dawn

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
The more I look at it, the more I think this thing resembles the Styer M9 I had for awhile and traded/sold. Neat enough pistol, but I didn't want to have to buy mags for something different (read: non-Glock 9mm). Clearly, I have not learned my lesson and I'm still thinking the new Ruger might be worth a shot.
I remember that Styer went in like minutes didn't it?
I bet this is gonna be a problem for S&W and Glock sales.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
I remember that Styer went in like minutes didn't it?
I bet this is gonna be a problem for S&W and Glock sales.

Yeah- didn't last long at all. I just listed it for what I paid. Excellent ergonomics in my opinion, but I didn't like the "X-Wing" sights or the cost of the mags. And it was just another 9mm- I had that caliber covered from subcompact through full size. And still have it covered. Why the hell would I buy another 9mm pistol... I guess there's always the search for that damn golden unicorn.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
I wonder if they will make it a "family" firearm in .40, .45, etc.