Ruger is releasing a new polymer handgun

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I like the looks of it. I'm very partial to Rugers and this one sounds like it might be a winner.

"It does have full ambi controls, interchangeable grips, and a light trigger with a short reset. It is a striker fired gun. No trigger pull or tools required to disassemble. It does come with all metal Novak sights"

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Holy high bore axis batman. I hope to hell that is just a bad angle in that pic or else that gun is going to recoil like a mother fucker

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
I don't know of anything good coming from Ruger besides the MK III and 10/22 (and even those require a bunch of upgrades) kind of like the Camaro V6 of guns.
Maybe I'm too picky, but Ruger is so half ass with the majority of what they put out, they should team up with Taurus or Remington just like Sprint teamed up with Nextel, lol, 2 shitty companies joining forces to double their production of shit

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Man that is one ugly ass gun. Especially the grip panel and the beavertail area. It just doesn't flow together very well.
That's where Ruger has always stumbled, design. Their guns work, but looks are a total after thought. They need to hire some Italians, some Germans, or at least some women.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
That's where Ruger has always stumbled, design. Their guns work, but looks are a total after thought. They need to hire some Italians, some Germans, or at least some women.
I think the SR22 is a very aesthetically pleasing design and has great ergonomics. It's probably one of the most comfortable handguns guns I own. As much as I like Ruger, I have to agree, they do make some ugly ones. However they are reliable, priced well and backed by top notch customer service.

Reactions: Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I think the SR22 is a very aesthetically pleasing design and has great ergonomics. It's probably one of the most comfortable handguns guns I own. As much as I like Ruger, I have to agree, they do make some ugly ones. However they are reliable, priced well and backed by top notch customer service.
My first ever pistol was a Ruger P89. It was at the limit of what I could afford (bought it at cost where I worked for $212) and reliable. The thing was really accurate, never a malfunction, but the design just never did grow on me. Damn it was ugly. I sold it to my cousin who tossed it into the toolbox on his "around the farm" utility tractor. It's still there to this day, and he said it still shoots great.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
My first ever pistol was a Ruger P89. It was at the limit of what I could afford (bought it at cost where I worked for $212) and reliable. The thing was really accurate, never a malfunction, but the design just never did grow on me. Damn it was ugly. I sold it to my cousin who tossed it into the toolbox on his "around the farm" utility tractor. It's still there to this day, and he said it still shoots great.
The SR1911(not exactly revolutionizing design with that one) is great and the SR22 is great. Every other pistol in the SR series is a functionally utilitarian turd. The LC series is good.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
My first experience with Ruger was a P95. It worked fine from what my friend told me but damn was it a big, heavy, ugly thing.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I just can't comprehend why they'd make a 9mm as fat as a 45 in the middle of the slim grip 9mm war for market share. I guess it streamlines manufacturing