• SRD762-QD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Not 100% sure about the major differences over the SDN-6 other that the SDN-6 being just 7.6" vs 9". The ratchet system can wear out, but if you hold the tab down while tightening it up, the teeth wont wear out, same goes for spinning it off. I see the guys that just whiz it on have the worst looking sets of teeth on the ratchet portion. For the most part though, customer service seems to be descent though for replacing damaged/worn components.
I will have to check it out.

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
I shot the sandman S during my class at Valor ridge and everyone commented on how nice the tone was.

It was on a 10.5 PSA barrel with WAR upper with JP Captured spring.

It feels like a 22 going off. Could be happier.

Laces_Out_Marino

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Aug 14, 2015
CANTON, GA
Zip code
I have a 762 SD and it's pretty quiet. Someone just posted about the AAC customer service and his awesome experience.... On the "other" site. I like the can but if the rugged was around when I got mine I would have spent the extra money, I was new to the NFA game and really wanted a can, plus AAC was running the damn the man rebate so I pulled the trigger, I'm not unhappy with the can... I just like the rugged cans and their versatility and warranty. If you get a rugged and don't like it I will trade ya;)

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I shot the sandman S during my class at Valor ridge and everyone commented on how nice the tone was.

It was on a 10.5 PSA barrel with WAR upper with JP Captured spring.

It feels like a 22 going off. Could be happier.
good to hear! youre the first actual user of a sandman I have heard from.

im digging the rugged though for the modularity and the warranty. we will see what actually comes up for sale lol

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
good to hear! youre the first actual user of a sandman I have heard from.

im digging the rugged though for the modularity and the warranty. we will see what actually comes up for sale lol
The warranty I bet would be the same.

And to me the modularity doesn't really matter since I don't see anything supersonic as hearing safe. Just my opinion. To me cans are really just a super heavy duty muzzle brake/flash hider since I wear ears unless it's subsonic.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
rugged specifically states that you can do ANYTHING you want to their cans and they will fix them free of charge including "Dropping it off a mountain"

all the others say that they warranty materials and craftsmanship under normal use

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I have a 762 SD and it's pretty quiet. Someone just posted about the AAC customer service and his awesome experience.... On the "other" site. I like the can but if the rugged was around when I got mine I would have spent the extra money, I was new to the NFA game and really wanted a can, plus AAC was running the damn the man rebate so I pulled the trigger, I'm not unhappy with the can... I just like the rugged cans and their versatility and warranty. If you get a rugged and don't like it I will trade ya;)
lol im looking for one trust me.

backordered err whurr

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Holy shit never heard of that but it's awesome lol

Sent from your moms couch using her iPhone

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
rugged specifically states that you can do ANYTHING you want to their cans and they will fix them free of charge including "Dropping it off a mountain"

all the others say that they warranty materials and craftsmanship under normal use
Sounds like normal use to me... Which is under dead airs warranty too lol.

Plus they're made in Ga.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Sounds like normal use to me... Which is under dead airs warranty too lol.

Plus they're made in Ga.
Not really, dead airs says, "We provide a lifetime warranty against all manufacturing defects and damages caused by the normal use of this product. - See more at: http://deadairsilencers.com/warranty/#sthash.zSlEsN25.dpuf"

while rugged's says, "
With Rugged Design’s strict quality control measures and use of premium materials, we can offer an Unconditional Lifetime Warranty.

If for any reason you have an issue with a Rugged Design product, we will repair or replace it free of charge. Even if you drop it from a mountain. That’s why it’s called an Unconditional Lifetime Warranty and that’s why there’s no small legal type needed."

See the difference?? While I dont plan on dropping it off a mountain, I DO see a potential for something like, "Oh well that's not normal use so youre gonna have to pay to have that fixed." coming up.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I say sandman S or a surge. You'll learn that the shorter cans sound about the same and help cut down weight and length.
Yeah im weighing my options, specifically around what I can find. The rugged surge is the best of both worlds.