If the "Limitless" Drug We're Real....

American Revival Apparel Company

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
logic is a course of thought devoid of emotion.
but to be truly logical you would be absent of emotion? and can people truly be absent?

seems flawed if a human concept perpetuating the use of removed emotion in analytical process was surmised from a human point of view?

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
but to be truly logical you would be absent of emotion? and can people truly be absent?

seems flawed if a human concept perpetuating the use of removed emotion in analytical process was surmised from a human point of view?

Now your getting in to the Kantian arguments of what "truth" is. If truth is something outside human consciousness then the only way to make a human logical is to remove emotion, which is a human trait. If truth is nothing more than a human concept then it doesn't really matter. That is more of an Aristotelian question...what IS a chair?

Look at the Vulcans.

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
Now your getting in to the Kantian arguments of what "truth" is. If truth is something outside human consciousness then the only way to make a human logical is to remove emotion, which is a human trait. If truth is nothing more than a human concept then it doesn't really matter. That is more of an Aristotelian question...what IS a chair?

Look at the Vulcans.
i only know what i dont know

lol. philisophical talk is fun but there aint an answer. and kant had some interesting postulations; was it him who proposed being religious is a good thing, operating under the idea of "if you are right, then good. if you are wrong then it doesnt matter since we all will cease to exist"

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I'm an Aristotelian. Truths have to be inherent. In my "thinking" there are few truths to hang a hat on and even those can be pressed.

I love the old "well if you stop breathing you'll die."

Well define death. Death of the body? Consciousness? Soul? It's endless.

Unfortunately most people are so uncomfortable with these ideas they bury themselves in fictions like money, country etc so they don't have to ponder the great mysteries. Then they end up marginalizing those that do.

Look at the Vulcans.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A

Reactions: Thenut and Shemp

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I'm an Aristotelian. Truths have to be inherent. In my "thinking" there are few truths to hang a hat on and even those can be pressed.

I love the old "well if you stop breathing you'll die."

Well define death. Death of the body? Consciousness? Soul? It's endless.

Unfortunately most people are so uncomfortable with these ideas they bury themselves in fictions like money, country etc so they don't have to ponder the great mysteries. Then they end up marginalizing those that do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A

100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%

Reactions: Strider12

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
There is no spoon.
1136241.jpg