If the "Limitless" Drug We're Real....

GA Firing Line

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
Her's are obviously (I hope) non-violent, but she doesn't believe manufactured systems have any chance at maintaining order, peace, or happiness.

She has some views that people would call liberal, but only because they are typically scooped up by liberals and tossed into their bucket.
And that's why I am a Voluntaryist. I want to be able to opt out when it all inevitably goes to shit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A

Reactions: Laufen

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
I believe so. It appears evident in humans already to an extent. Don't most people with very high IQ's struggle to empathize with others and understand other's emotions in general? I am curious now. Looking for an article or more info on a correlation here.
maybe, i think it has more to do with the fact that those with higher IQ have a harder time relating

not the same as empathy really. and alot of self described geniuses are really just awkward smart guys who aint smart enough to figure out human interaction lol

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
I disagree. From a purely logical standpoint there is no reason for life and it is not necessary to the universe.
nihilists piss me off lol

again, i think there is alot of grey area on this and its mostly based on our perception of what defines intelligence.

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
And that's why I am a Voluntaryist. I want to be able to opt out when it all inevitably goes to shit.

is that just another word for individualist? pretty much thats what i am, i reject humanitarian and utilitarian thinking as pure garbage

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
maybe, i think it has more to do with the fact that those with higher IQ have a harder time relating

not the same as empathy really. and alot of self described geniuses are really just awkward smart guys who aint smart enough to figure out human interaction lol
Or they value time more than fruitless interaction.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
No. Her political views are much more anarchist actually. She actually describes herself as an anarchist, but not of the violent variety, more specifically as institutions based on non-hierarchical free associations. To your surprise I'm sure, that's kind of to the right of many on here.
She also maintains some liberal ideology, but it's a real mixture of philosophies.

Please understand it wasn't a loaded question. I have yet to meet someone that was leftist that was also extremely analytical/logical. For example, though my sample size is less than 150, I have yet to meet an engineer (across multiple fields of discipline, but mostly mechanical, aero, and electrical thus far) that is more social democrat than right leaning.

I could very happily get down with NAP-centered anarchism.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Please understand it wasn't a loaded question. I have yet to meet someone that was leftist that was also extremely analytical/logical. For example, though my sample size is less than 150, I have yet to meet an engineer (across multiple fields of discipline, but mostly mechanical, aero, and electrical thus far) that is more social democrat than right leaning.

I could very happily get down with NAP-centered anarchism.
As I understood the question it was more about right brain/left brain, rather than right or left politically.

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
is that just another word for individualist? pretty much thats what i am, i reject humanitarian and utilitarian thinking as pure garbage
I believe that we have the choice to choose something and the choice to opt out.

Have you ever wondered what exactly you did, what choices did you make, that you to live in a society where a police officer can come along and detain you, and basically kidnap you and that's OK? Why? Because you have a State issued birth certificate? Driver's license? He can kill you because he told you to stop and you didn't. This is another man that inherently has no power over any other man. But he puts on a costume and that makes it OK?

Reactions: Shemp and Thenut

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
I believe that we have the choice to choose something and the choice to opt out.

Have you ever wondered what exactly you did, what choices did you make, that you to live in a society where a police officer can come along and detain you, and basically kidnap you and that's OK? Why? Because you have a State issued birth certificate? Driver's license? He can kill you because he told you to stop and you didn't. This is another man that inherently has no power over any other man. But he puts on a costume and that makes it OK?

i understand my position and strive for one that gives the individual more options and choices

to me the federal system is the same as being forced to buy into a shitty union where the majority of members dont work

as far as LEO are concerned i think there is a huge overstep with their authority, mostly because they enforce unconstitutional law on a daily basis and act as enforcer for tax collectors

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
nihilists piss me off lol

again, i think there is alot of grey area on this and its mostly based on our perception of what defines intelligence.
I'm not a nihilist Donny...

From a purely, un-emotionally encumbered, logical standpoint there is no purpose to life, unless you get all Maharajah and think that consciousness is the the universe embracing and experiencing itself.

Reactions: Strider12

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code

From a purely, un-emotionally encumbered, logical standpoint there is no purpose to life, unless you get all Maharajah and think that consciousness is the the universe embracing and experiencing itself.
That makes more sense than random chemicals.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
As I understood the question it was more about right brain/left brain, rather than right or left politically.

It sort of was. I was curious as I haven't met any left brained leftists.I suppose that wouldn't be something one could easily find anyway.

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl

never called you a nihilist really

but that is true. im religious for a reason i guess, if i wasnt then id be a nihilist as there is really no point, at least one i am unaware of

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
That makes more sense than random chemicals.

There are some interesting mathematical theories which postulate that nothing is random, not even your thoughts.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
never called you a nihilist really

but that is true. im religious for a reason i guess, if i wasnt then id be a nihilist as there is really no point, at least one i am unaware of

That was more just to include a reference to Big Lebowski than anything else...The word nihilist doesn't come up very often so I have to use it when I can
nihilist-fight.jpg

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
There are some interesting mathematical theories which postulate that nothing is random, not even your thoughts.
thoughts cannot be random by definition as something must be the progenitor or originator of said thoughts

"no such thing as an original thought"

but random absolutely exists. pick up two 20 sided die and roll them bones

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
That's not random.
It you capture it on HD video and view the slow mo, you can see "why" they landed as they did

Agreed. The better example would be the "random" fluctuations in your hand as you cast the die which caused them to fall as they did....but still.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Yep, just another factor we choose not to analyze

Math is pretty incredible. What's even more incredibly is that humans have the ability to discover the unwritten language of nature and, even if somewhat rudimentary, manipulate it.