If the "Limitless" Drug We're Real....

Howard Law

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
That's not random.
It you capture it on HD video and view the slow mo, you can see "why" they landed as they did
depends on how you define and perceive random

to me it is the discovery of information not previously known or interpreted by any party

you can rationalize choice via odds, but there is no pure way of knowing the outcome

type in define random and this is what i get

"made, done, happening, or chosen without method or conscious decision."

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
Math is pretty incredible. What's even more incredibly is that humans have the ability to discover the unwritten language of nature and, even if somewhat rudimentary, manipulate it.
biology is the explanation of phenomenon and observed occurrence regarding life, to which it is simply rationalizing and explaining chemistry involved with the creation and function of life, to which the chemistry can be explained by identifying the forces at work on a subatomic level (physics), and physics is simply just applied math

everything is fucking math

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code

to me it is the discovery of information not previously known or interpreted by any party

you can rationalize choice via odds, but there is no pure way of knowing the outcome

By your definition there is no random activity in humans then. All of our choices are based upon our brain processing information embedded in our memory...or DNA if yiu want to go that route.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code

By your definition there is no random activity in humans then. All of our choices are based upon our brain processing information embedded in our memory...or DNA if yiu want to go that route.

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
in humans, yes there is no such thing as random

for other things, meh, not really

its like art. if two people agree its art, then its art

if two observable things are agreed upon by multiple parties, then it is real and not simply our own process but one shared by others. kinda like being independently reviewed and verified.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code

I believe our very existence is a random occurrence, and you could say that our actions are all a result of that random occurrence. You could also argue that there is predictability within microcosms of random events. It just depends on how deep your perspective goes, and honestly it doesn't matter unless you're trying to create a poll to question Mericans, and prove that guns are bad.

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
I believe our very existence is a random occurrence, and you could say that our actions are all a result of that random occurrence. You could also argue that there is predictability within microcosms of random events. It just depends on how deep your perspective goes, and honestly it doesn't matter unless you're trying to create a poll to question Mericans, and prove that guns are bad.
im religious so i have to believe that life was not simply random happenstance of microbial nutrition being encased in a membrane of some form to create an enclosed unit devoted to consumption and expansion (or replication) of itself

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
in humans, yes there is no such thing as random

for other things, meh, not really

its like art. if two people agree its art, then its art

if two observable things are agreed upon by multiple parties, then it is real and not simply our own process but one shared by others. kinda like being independently reviewed and verified.

I fail to see how tow people observing a hippo and agreeing it's a hippo is an argument for true random occurrences.

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
I fail to see how tow people observing a hippo and agreeing it's a hippo is an argument for true random occurrences.
not that, if i observe a die being tossed at it lands at 3, and you also see the same die land at 3, we both agree that 3 is the number that was randomly generated

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
not that, if i observe a die being tossed at it lands at 3, and you also see the same die land at 3, we both agree that 3 is the number that was randomly generated

but it wasn't random, it was the result of countless actions that could be calculated and predicted. The only possibly random even in that scenario is the thought which prompted throwing the dice...

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
You're then observing the result. The result is (will be) apparent. The path that leads to the result was influenced by factors, which explain the result (if one want to study it)

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
but it wasn't random, it was the result of countless actions that could be calculated and predicted. The only possibly random even in that scenario is the thought which prompted throwing the dice...
throwing the dice aint random, the result of the die being thrown is

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
You're then observing the result. The result is (will be) apparent. The path that leads to the result was influenced by factors, which explain the result (if one want to study it)
hindsight being 20/20 you could explain any series of events in such a way. but from a human perception throwing dice is random unless you can intuitively influence the result of the dice being thrown

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
hindsight being 20/20 you could explain any series of events in such a way. but from a human perception throwing dice is random unless you can intuitively influence the result of the dice being thrown
Well it is much easier to look at it that way. And yes, you can obviously influence the throw (at least enough to increase the odds)

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
Well it is much easier to look at it that way. And yes, you can obviously influence the throw (at least enough to increase the odds)
i couldnt. or you could get a third party to release the dice

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
Human perception....well, yeah, humans tend to want an immediate answer to satisfy their query and often prefer to accept emotionally influenced answers as their "logical deduction" (which often is illogical). Their susceptibility to emotional influence is abundantly evident.