American Revival Apparel Company

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Yeah, if you shot clays with a pump, anything will be a vast improvement.
For sure, two things that will kill your clay sitting groove faster than anything, forgetting to pump and those damned auto safeties on a double gun....

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
For sure, two things that will kill your clay sitting groove faster than anything, forgetting to pump and those damned auto safeties on a double gun....
I think I'd rather throw the shells at them than shoot them with a pump. Although I have been tempted to take the KSG to the course just for shits and giggles.

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I think I'd rather throw the shells at them than shoot them with a pump. Although I have been tempted to take the KSG to the course just for shits and giggles.
I did that once when we were shooting in the back field. Actually did surprisingly well. Just had to get them right as they came out. I still hate a damned KSG though. That's one I DON'T miss. The Benelli M2 that replaced it isn't even fair to compare.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leshaire

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
You can pin the safety on a STF 3000. The safety will still work, but the auto feature (transfer bar) is removed.

I personally have shot mine so much, its just habit to turn the safety off before I shoot, but some people still hate it. I left mine stock.

This guy uses what appears to be too small of a rill pin, but you still get the idea.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Yeah, if you shot clays with a pump, anything will be a vast improvement.

Haha true. It didn't bother me. But then again it's all I know.

Hell here is what I got for Saturday

28af4a0a4b2cd4cf635f727f0370cfb7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
You can pin the safety on a STF 3000. The safety will still work, but the auto feature (transfer bar) is removed.

I personally have shot mine so much, its just habit to turn the safety off before I shoot, but some people still hate it. I left mine stock.

This guy uses what appears to be too small of a rill pin, but you still get the idea.

Yeah, I debated on removing the transfer bar on my Uplander. I just never got around to it. I don't think the Yildiz has an auto safety.

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
Haha true. It didn't bother me. But then again it's all I know.

Hell here is what I got for Saturday

28af4a0a4b2cd4cf635f727f0370cfb7.jpg

Looks just like mine! lol

I think you will like it. Again, not as comfortable as a semi, but a great budget O/U.

Also, remember when you take that forearm off, that the barrels will fall off when you open the action. Make sure to hold onto then.

Getting an O/U case will let you travel with it in half and makes it about as long as a billiards que bag as well.

Last edited:

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Looks just like mine! lol

I think you will like it. Again, not as comfortable as a semi, but a great budget O/U.

Also, remember when you take that forearm off, that the barrels will fall off when you open the action. Make sure to hold onto then.

Getting an O/U case will let you travel with it in half and makes it about as big as a billiards que bag as well.

Yeah I already googled it and took it apart and cleaned it up real good so I figured out the barrel falling off the receiver pretty quick lol. It's really decent feeling for $370. I can tell why it's a budget gun though. Not super smooth opening and closing and the engravings in the metal are super spotty and unevenly deep haha. I like it though.

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
Yeah I already googled it and took it apart and cleaned it up real good so I figured out the barrel falling off the receiver pretty quick lol. It's really decent feeling for $370. I can tell why it's a budget gun though. Not super smooth opening and closing and the engravings in the metal are super spotty and unevenly deep haha. I like it though.

That and the forearm wood doesn't line up at all. Beats having to dump $1,200+ on a Citori or alike though.

Jhaughom

Scout
Mar 31, 2017
Beaufort,SC
Zip code
I am looking to buy my first, well technically second I suppose, shotgun and need your help! Lets start with my intentions. I want to shoot clays from a clay throwing device. I think this is referred to as 'trap'? I suppose I need a 26-28" barrel, I would prefer 12 gauge since its cheap and plentiful, and from what I understand about chokes I want either an open choke or an improved cylinder choke. I need to verify these items and buy something before Saturday! Oh and I also want to talk sights as I remember one day @Laufen was talking about different shotgun sights and how they are intended for different types of shooting.

My thought was to go with a Remington 870 Wingmaster, or even the Stoeger STF 3000. I really like the wood look. I do NOT want to spend an ass load of money on my first one. Keep that in mind.

Thanks in advance.
I have a Remington 11-87 I use for dove hunting and skeet and it's a beast. Semi auto. She's a smooth shooter!

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
AAR: The Stoeger worked great today. Put about 350 rounds through it with no issues whatsoever. I shot 2 3/4" Winchester AA 7 1/2 shot as recommended and everything went just fine.

We went to Noontootla Farms something or another golf type sporting clays course which was in N Georgia. The place was super cool and had all kinds of crazy ass setups including clays rolling down hills and even freaking rolling and hitting jumps and crap. Super cool place.

I shot like I knew what I was doing for the first 6 or so "holes" or "stations". Was showing everyone wtf was up haha. Then proceeded to blow the rest of the day lmao.

I have to say this gun is badass and sporting clays is the most fun I've had in a while. We also rented a Stoeger M3000 to try out a semi and I didn't shoot any better with it, it beat the shit out of me way worse, and it jammed 3 times in about a hundred rounds. I think I'll stick with my O/U.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Im too poor for all that lol. The stoeger worked pretty good for me.
For the money the Stoeger is a good gun. I never had an issue out of any of the three I've had. They're no beauty queen, but they'll bust a clay. I've taken many a rabbit with one too. And I don't have to feel bad when it gets scratched in the briars.

Reactions: TattooedGunner

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
For the money the Stoeger is a good gun. I never had an issue out of any of the three I've had. They're no beauty queen, but they'll bust a clay. I've taken many a rabbit with one too. And I don't have to feel bad when it gets scratched in the briars.
Yupp, thats about how I feel about it. Although I do really like the way it looks! but still dont care if 370 bucks worth of low end gun gets scratched up haha

Reactions: Rwjeter

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
Yupp, thats about how I feel about it. Although I do really like the way it looks! but still dont care if 370 bucks worth of low end gun gets scratched up haha

Another tip with those to keep rust off the barrels is:

1) Always wipe it off with a clean rag/towel when done shooting.

2) Swab or run a bore snake down the barrel with CLP on it when you are done shooting.

3) Oil the outside of the barrels, safety, and trigger guard when you get back from shooting. I have found the cheap $5 retractable blush brushes you can find at Wally World do wonders for this. I spray it with CLP, then brush all the metal surfaces with it before I put it up. The retractable brushes are nice since you can put the cap back on them and they stay clean for a long long time.

ac819e712a6432ee874329863420cba9.jpg

Reactions: Rwjeter

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Another tip with those to keep rust off the barrels is:

1) Always wipe it off with a clean rag/towel when done shooting.

2) Swab or run a bore snake down the barrel with CLP on it when you are done shooting.

3) Oil the outside of the barrels, safety, and trigger guard when you get back from shooting. I have found the cheap $5 retractable blush brushes you can find at Wally World do wonders for this. I spray it with CLP, then brush all the metal surfaces with it before I put it up. The retractable brushes are nice since you can put the cap back on them and they stay clean for a long long time.

ac819e712a6432ee874329863420cba9.jpg
The brush is a good idea..... Wonder if my wife would notice hers missing....

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
@Leshaire I'll let you pop a few with my Yildiz 20ga. It's another good budget gun. I know you've already got your Stoeger, but it never hurts to know what your other options are. Maybe we can meet up and shoot a few clays at the family farm.