Help me decide on a shotgun

Faktory 47

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
@Leshaire I'll let you pop a few with my Yildiz 20ga. It's another good budget gun. I know you've already got your Stoeger, but it never hurts to know what your other options are. Maybe we can meet up and shoot a few clays at the family farm.
Family farm you say... Im listening lol

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Another tip with those to keep rust off the barrels is:

1) Always wipe it off with a clean rag/towel when done shooting.

2) Swab or run a bore snake down the barrel with CLP on it when you are done shooting.

3) Oil the outside of the barrels, safety, and trigger guard when you get back from shooting. I have found the cheap $5 retractable blush brushes you can find at Wally World do wonders for this. I spray it with CLP, then brush all the metal surfaces with it before I put it up. The retractable brushes are nice since you can put the cap back on them and they stay clean for a long long time.

ac819e712a6432ee874329863420cba9.jpg
I will definitely do some good cleaning. Btw do you use choke lube? Is that something I should snag and use?

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
I will definitely do some good cleaning. Btw do you use choke lube? Is that something I should snag and use?
No, but I have also not had one get stuck either. Not saying leaving it off is the right thing to do, but I personally don't use it. The CLP I have works well enough for this. If I ever feel like they are installing with a gritty feel, I just cleaned the threads and CLP them.

Again, what I do may not be the right way, but it works for me. If that grease is cheap, just try it. Worst thing that happens is you have chokes that remove and install easier.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
No, but I have also not had one get stuck either. Not saying leaving it off is the right thing to do, but I personally don't use it. The CLP I have works well enough for this. If I ever feel like they are installing with a gritty feel, I just cleaned the threads and CLP them.

Again, what I do may not be the right way, but it works for me. If that grease is cheap, just try it. Worst thing that happens is you have chokes that remove and install easier.
LOL, I brushed the threads real good the other night before I shot it. I wiped them down but not with clp. Didnt want them to rattle loose while shooting. I will make sure to either clean them every time, or clp them a little.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Family farm you say... Im listening lol
Yeah man. About 45 minutes from your house. We'll get together and shoot soon. We've got a nicer spring loaded thrower that had the seat and everything. And as far as the lube goes, I don't use it either, but I have had one that needed a little coaxing to get it out. I definitely think if you have it, by all means use it. But like @Wallace said, keep the threads clean and you should be fine.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Yeah man. About 45 minutes from your house. We'll get together and shoot soon. We've got a nicer spring loaded thrower that had the seat and everything. And as far as the lube goes, I don't use it either, but I have had one that needed a little coaxing to get it out. I definitely think if you have it, by all means use it. But like @Wallace said, keep the threads clean and you should be fine.
Dude Im more in than you could possibly know. Ill bring the clays. Hell I have a box or two at the house already.

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Dude Im more in than you could possibly know. Ill bring the clays. Hell I have a box or two at the house already.
Haha. Alright man. It might be a month or so before I get another free weekend, but we'll plan it out for sure.

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
@Leshaire the top one is my Yildiz, the bottom my Stoeger. Both good looking shotguns for the money I feel. The Stoeger is pretty beat up from rabbit hunting though. That Yildiz is a lot of fun though. Super lightweight, relatively low recoil, single trigger, auto ejectors, barrel select switch, screw in chokes. It really is a lot of bang for the buck. I think it was around $470 new. IMG_20170403_181849215.jpg IMG_20170403_181814653.jpg

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
@Leshaire the top one is my Yildiz, the bottom my Stoeger. Both good looking shotguns for the money I feel. The Stoeger is pretty beat up from rabbit hunting though. That Yildiz is a lot of fun though. Super lightweight, relatively low recoil, single trigger, auto ejectors, barrel select switch, screw in chokes. It really is a lot of bang for the buck. I think it was around $470 new. View attachment 27297 View attachment 27298

Those are pretty nice looking. I love wood furniture guns. I'm down to give it a try when we go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rwjeter

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Those are pretty nice looking. I love wood furniture guns. I'm down to give it a try when we go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like I said, it takes a little while to get used to looking down two barrels, but I like the traditional feel.